Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Blogger Hop & TGIF


There are SOOO many good link-ups on Fridays. I want to do them all! BUT I'll try to limit myself to just ... THREE (is that too many?!). I already posted my first link up today HERE. Check it out! It's a Happy Hour Link-up that I really enjoy doing every week.

My second choice is the Book Blogger Hop:
Book Blogger Hop

It's a wonderful BOOK PARTY hosted by Crazy-For-Books every week.

Today's Question:

"WHEN DID YOU REALIZE READING WAS YOUR PASSION AND A TRULY IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR LIFE?"

Answer:
I realized as a kid. My parents read to me each night and looking back I realize what a difference that makes. I don't have kids yet but when I do that is something that will be done EVERY NIGHT. It's so important to get kids interested in books at a young age - it makes a huge difference. Through out my life I've always enjoyed reading. I'll admit: I was (and still am) addicted to the television but as a kid anytime I was on punishment and my t.v. rights were taken away I would feel (in a way) relieved so I could sit down with my pile of books and read.  To this day I still enjoy reading - it's a great escape for me from the daily stresses and pressures I feel. I don't know what I would do with out my books!

My THIRD choice for Link-up today is TGIF at GReads:

Today's Questions:

SUMMER LOVE: WHERE IS YOUR IDEA PLACE TO TAKE A SUMMER VACATION & GET LOST IN A BOOK?

Answer:
My idea place - ANYWHERE where there's clear blue water, sand, hot weather, and a yummy summer drink. WELL I can do without a summer drink - but the others are MUST-HAVES.

Can't you just picture me here lost in a good book ...


...I can see it now!

Happy Reading! 
~Trish 



11 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm stopping by from the hop!! love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just followed you! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish I was at the beach right now!

    Happy Friday!

    Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish! Thanks so much for following me!! I'm super excited! It looks like you enjoy reading as much as I do!!! I loved Mockingjay!! Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked your answer, reading is a great escape.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved reading, too. Have a great weekend!

    Beyond strange new words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realized how important books had become in my life in 1999. Come see what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When did I first realize I loved reading? I wish I could prove a pre-natal predilection towards books but my memories don’t stretch back quite that far.

    The earliest memories I can recall involved books. First having them read to me then reading them on my own the minute I had the ability.

    Books have been a major part of my life ever since. My passion for the written word knowing no bounds, I started writing books on top of reading them about ten years ago.

    Want to know what my favorite childhood book was? Hop on over to my blog and find out: http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answer! Having a life long love of reading seems to be a common thread among book bloggers!

    Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree! It's really important to read to your children. :) I can't wait to have my own to do the same!

    Here's mine, if your interested:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop-june-24th-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. My parents would always read to me in bed as a child too. My Dad first introduced me to the Hobbit when I was about 7 I think!! That was a solid bed time read!
    I see you're training for your first marathon. How's it going? I'm really tempted to do the same although my training is a little nonexistent at the moment. I have 15 weeks until D-Day... I hoping the motivation kicks in soon!

    New follower :)

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop-when-reading-became.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the Book Blogger Hop. I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete