Friday, June 17, 2011

Follow Friday #1, Book Blogger Hop AND of course HAPPY HOUR

Hello Hello & Happy Friday!

Right now I'm feeling excited that I happened upon Parajunkee's blog this morning and I'm more than happy to link up for my first Follow Friday!

Today's Question:

Q. Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

Hmmm...I jump around a lot in the type of books I like to read.  I can't say I have one specific type of genre I stick to. I read a lot of chicklit and african american literature but I basically will read anything that anyone recommends to me. If I had to base today's answer on the book I'm reading now -- I'd have to say it's Dystopian.  I picked up Hunger Games on a fluke ...and I LOVED it. Way more than I thought I would. I was waaaay to eager to run to the book store and pick up the second book in the series -- which I'm only halfway through now. I would like to read more books from this genre, so if you have any suggetions please let me know!




Since I'm at it already -- I'm also going to link up for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer. I've already stopped by and read a few folk's blogs about their TBR (to be read pile) which got me thinking of my own.

This week's question:

HOW MANY BOOKS ARE CURRENTLY IN YOUR TO-BE-READ (TBR) PILE?

My to-be-read pile isn't that large -- and that's only because I try to avoid the bookstores because if I go in I KNOW I will spend my rent money, car-payment money, bill money, savings fund, emergency fund, and every last penny in my piggy bank on books. Every time I go into the bookstores I end up loaded up with books that end up just sitting on my dresser. Right now I'm just trying to "borrow" books instead and reading all the ones I currently have on my baskets of books.  But I think that might change. After hopping along some people's blogs I'm getting some good titles to add to my shelves on goodreads. 


Now it wouldn't be a GOOD Friday if I didn't link up with Joelle for Happy Hour.



STRAWBERRY MOJITO

{recipe from here}

I had one of these last night when I went out to dinner with my Mom and I have to admit - it wasn't my favorite -- but it was "aight". Try it and let me know what you think:

  • 6 fresh Strawberries
  • 2 Mint sprigs
  • 3 wedges Lime
  • 1 oz. Creme de Fraise des Bois (Cartron)
  • 2 oz. Rum
  • 1 splash Soda water
How To Make It:
Muddle strawberries, mint, lime and Creme de Fraise des Boise hard in a shaker tin. Add rum and fill shaker with ice. Shake well. Double strain (through sieve) into Collins Glass filled with cracked ice. Top with a splash of soda water.

 

Happy Reading  & Good Drinking To You!

~Trish

8 comments:

  1. After reading HG, you compare every other dystopian to it! ;)

    New follower! Happy reading, friend!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Dystopian lover! :) The Hunger Games was just that awesome. lol!

    Thanks for hopping by! I'm a new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST started the Hunger Games and I absolutely love it! If you're looking for other books in the genre I would definitely recommend Divergent by Veronica Roth and Delirium by Lauren Oliver. They are AMAZING books! A

    nd I'm just like you, if I go to the bookstore I know I will spend rent money, vet money, food money! And any other cash that I have in my pocket on new books. I feel like it's a sickness lol. And that Mojito sounds delicious! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! New follower! ;)

    ~Loren
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here! Yea, another dystopian fan! I recommend Divergent by Veronica Roth, Wither by Lauren DeStefano, and Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I've enjoyed all of these enough to rate them 5/5. I'm also currently coveting Blood Red Road. Phew! That's all I've got for the moment. Have a great weekend!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, new follower here from the hop! Love your blog! :o)

    Dystopian is a great pick, I'm a huge fan of the Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have way too many books on my TBR list and TBR pile. All told that comes to about sixty books.

    Now here's the scary math: I read roughly one book per week - and sometimes two. But two to three books are being added to my TBR list every week.

    Stressful, right?

    Wrong!

    Hop on over to my blog - http://www.howardsherman.net and find out why.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on Dystopian and The Hunger Games. I honestly don't think I have met anyone who didn't like The Hunger Games. Even my husband (who hates reading most of the time) LOVED all of them and couldn't put them down.

    I also recommend what Marla said about Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. That was a good series. It's been awhile, but I remember I couldn't put those down. Same goes for Divergent, great book!

    Thanks for stopping by friday blogs hops as well!

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your side panels.....NEW FOLLOWER.

    I only have 29 to be read. Pretty manageable.

    Just stopping by to say hello and to take a look around.

    ONLY 24 hours left to enter.

    I am having a Father's Day giveaway on my blog if you would like to stop by.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2011/06/fathers-day-giveaway-from-little-brown.html

    Hope you can visit.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete