Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Hour

TGIF!

This week has been an emotional rollercoaster for me -- well every week is an emotional rollercoaster for me -- I blame it on the Stars (I'm a dictionary definition of a Gemini). 

My Co-Worker suggested that I make a list of:
5 Things that I like about myself
5 Things that are my CORE being (that I can't change)
5 Things that I can change about myself

So far I've only started one of these lists...the one with the 5 things I can change about myself. I don't know why I had an easier time with that one out of the three but I did. I probably could go on & on with things I would like to change but I have my 5 and my goal is to work on those ... then I can make another list of 5 if need be.

I hope this weekend to relax, read & spend time poolside and maybe even go out ONE night this weekend and dance and drink and have a good time.

I'm linking up with Joelle for HAPPY HOUR. I really like this link-up & Joelle's blog.

Today I'm choosing another Summertime Drink:
 Champagne Punch

{recipe}


 Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons grenadine
  • 3 tablespoons Cointreau
  • 2 tablespoons brandy
  • 1 3/4 cups champagne
  • Raspberries, apples, or other seasonal fruit

Directions

  1. Fill a small ice bucket halfway with ice. Pour grenadine, Cointreau, brandy, and champagne over ice. Stir gently, and ladle punch into 2 wide-mouthed stemmed glasses. Garnish punch with raspberries, apples, or any other fruit in season.
Sounds Yummy Right?



I hope you have a GREAT weekend!

~Trish 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's easier for a lot of people to point out things that they wish they could change rather than things they love about themselves. In today's society, it's relatively easy to lust after what you don't have, so that's probably why it was easier for you to come up with that list. But think long and hard about the others because you ARE amazing and you DO have wonderful qualities!

    And that drink looks super yummy, I'm gonna snag the receipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. That looks delish. Does it work as a breakfast drink?

    ReplyDelete