Monday, June 13, 2011

Running in the Back of the Pack



Being exhausted, sick and busy kept me from lacing up my running shoes for nearly two weeks – so yesterday was the first day that I’ve managed to get a run done in the past 12 days…and it was HARD.  I met up with my running group at Rock Creek Park very early in the morning on Sunday to try to accomplish something I haven’t been able (or motivated) to do in a while.


{pic from}
I had a HARD time keeping up with my pace group [I run with the 10:30s group]. Usually I run in the middle of the pack on good days on the way out and at the turn around point I try to move toward the front and keep pace with those folks but yesterday I was NOT able to do that. I wasn’t even the caboose this week – I was the person who missed the train waving my arms panicking! I was so far behind the pack the coach of the group had to wait for me and ran the last mile along side of me.

{pic from}


It was not my best run but I was able to finish all 10 miles without walking [except at the water breaks like we normally do] but I so desperately wanted to sprawl out in the middle of the path sooo many times!  This week I need to get my body into shape and NOT take off 12 days of running again – I only have 124 days until my marathon!  

2 comments:

  1. I really admire you for keeping up with running even though you've been sick. I think it's important to stay healthy though, don't beat yourself up for taking some time off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I give you credit for doing it at all. When I'm sick and stuff I have no motivation, so more power to you. Even though it was hard, you stuck it out and did it! It says a lot about you :)

    ReplyDelete