Friday, July 1, 2011

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday

 It's BOOK PAR-TAY time - woot woot! I'm linking up again with Crazy For Books for this weekly event! 


Q: "WHAT KEEPS YOU READING BEYOND THE FIRST FEW PAGES OF A BOOK, AND WHAT MAKES YOUW ANT TO STOP READING A BOOK AND PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF?"

A: Typically - if I'm not into the book within the first chapter - I have to put it down.  I may skip ahead to see what happens in the middle chapters - if something comes up that may make the book worthwhile I may continue on but if nothing grabs me then the book goes into a random pile in my house (or to my storage unit) never to be thought of again. 



Gotta link up with Parajunkee's for follow friday! 

Q: ACK! YOUR FAVORITE BOOK/MOVIE CHARACTER JUST WALKED INTO THE ROOM! WHO IS IT AND WHAT WOULD BE YOUR FIRST REACTION?"

A: Since I just finished the Hunger Games series I HAVE to pick Cinna -- and that's because I know that Lenny Kravitz will be playing him in the movie. I'm SOO excited. I found out that he was the actor picked when I started the second book - so every time Cinna came up in the series I picture Lenny Kravitz.  If he walked into the room I'd probably cry. LOL. I'd be like a tween seeing R Patz or Jacob from Twilight. I'd babble, cry and passout.  Is that lame?! 

{via}

Happy Friday and Happy Hopping! 


 





8 comments:

  1. GREAT pick!!! I love Cinna & I think Lenny Kravitz will be amazing! :) Go see who I picked!

    http://sashandem.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop-em.html

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, old follower stopping by from the blog hops! Great choice! Check out my Follow Friday blog post! Happy Friday :)

    Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I keep reading a book. It's not the story. It's not the characters. I really don't know!

    I'm hopping by to tell you that I've got a wonderful giveaway going on at my blog, Readerbuzz. It's international! During the Readerbuzz July Giveaway I'll be giving away a $25 Amazon gift card! I'd love to have you stop in and throw your name in the hat to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg can I just tell you that my friend did a concert here in Brooklyn and Lenny Kravitz was there...and I didn't go to the concert?! It was a small space too so I could've taken a picture with him and possibly kidnap him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These book blogger hop questions just get better and better. This one looks easy but I think it’s a trick question. We all know it’s the same answer – the writing – but we all have different perspectives of what good writing is.

    Hop on over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and read my three-prong answer as I explain why I’ll decide to pick up a book or put it down in under sixty seconds.

    Happy July 4th Weekend!

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Follow Friday! I am a follower! Hope you will stop by http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by via Crazy-For-Book's Blog Hop. I'm following your blog.

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog this weekend so please stop by!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the Hunger Games series yet - I definitely need to remedy that! Thanks for stopping by & following my blog, I've returned the favor.

    ReplyDelete