Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday

Happy Friday! How has your week been? Are you relieved it's Friday? I've had another decent week at work. I have two more weeks to make goal - and I'm feeling pretty confident that I will hit at least 2 out of my 3 goals.

   It's Book Blooger Hop time - yay - I'm linking up with Jennifer for my weekly book hop. You can link up too here.

Today's Question:

How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?
 
My Answer:
MOST of my books come from other people. I a "borrower" because I gave myself a "ban" from buying books (once upon a time I use to go overboard and buy TONS of books and never read them -- I'd always find something more interesting to read instead of the purchased books in my TBR pile). My co-worker is in a bookclub so usually I'll borrow her books when she's done. Or if there's a book I'm looking to read I'll post a blast on my Facebook asking if anyone of my friends has the book for me to borrow. I may be having to put up a blast soon because I should be finishing up my current read The Uglies and I don't know what I'm going to read next. Any Suggestions? Anyone have a book I can borrow? :)  
 
 
FOLLOW FRIDAY!
find this great link-up here on Parajunkee's blog - which is pret-ty cool!
 
Today's Question:
 
What do I do when I are not reading?
 
My Answer:
 
Can I just admit it now - there are NOT enough hours in a day, and days in a week for me to do all the hobbies that I want to do? When I'm not reading I'm running ... or thinking about doing a run. If I'm not reading or running -- I'm working on a crochet project...If I'm not reading, running or crafting - I'm online either on blogger, facebook or pinterest. If I'm not reading, running, crafting or surfing then www -- I'm watching TV. If I'm not reading, running, crafting, surfing the net or watching TV -- I'm thinking about doing one of those above things. All this and I haven't even mentioned family time, friend time, beau time.  Those are all givens.
 
Anyway - Happy Friday! Join-in & Enjoy the Blog Hop and Follow Friday!!
~Trish
 
P.S.: I would really like some book suggestions -- I appreciated the suggestion of Blood Red Road. I read it and liked it ... a lot. I have a goal of reading a 100 books - and I'd like to read 100 good ones!

19 comments:

  1. Hi - I'm a buy at the bookstore gal - I finally broke down and got a Barnes & Noble discount card because I realize I will actually save money I buy there so often!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish, new follower here!

    I agree, there's not enough hours in the day to get everything done...

    As far as book suggestions? Well, I see you're reading the Uglies by Scott Westerfeld-- have you read Leviathan? I just read and reviewed it a couple days ago and it was AWESOME!! If you like his books, you might also like Ship Breaker by Paulo Bacigalupi, that was amazing writing...

    I also really enjoyed Wither by Lauren DeStefano and if you're in a girly mood, The Luxe by Anna Godbersen is a historical fiction with lots of drama and pretty dresses ;) Divergent by Veronica Roth was another one that I couldn't put down!

    You can see my FF post for this week at the link below :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your answer to the follow friday question..i do A LOT of that too. well besides running, i trade that with bike riding, although i havent been keeping up with that one.

    one of my fav books is called a northern light. im also big on reading series, lately im working on the pretty little liars series and it super juicy. i am really enjoying it.

    also, tina fey's new book bossypants was a very easy read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series? If so, they just released a new book: Sisterhood Everlasting. I loved it! Some more book recommendations:
    1. The Host by Stefenie Meyer
    2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
    4. The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
    5. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

    Just a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just blogging by, have a happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trish! Old follower stopping by. Great answers! Happy Friday and check out my blog hops post on my blog!

    Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m seeing a pattern of book acquisition here. After all, there are just so many places to get books and so many different ways to read them.

    It’s hard to beat the library for price and selection but it’s even harder to beat the convenience of browsing BN or Amazon from a Nook or Kindle, hitting a button and reading the book you picked in about sixty seconds.

    As usual, my answer to this week’s Book Blogger Hop question is all over the map. Hop on over and read my multipart answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping by to return the visit and follow! My book reccommendation would be "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. It's a dystopian YA like BLood Red Road, but I liked it even better.

    So cool that you're a runner! So many of us are sedentary. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping thorugh to return the FF love. I should do like you and ban myself from buying books. But I'm totally addicted and that's my one vice. Good thing its not a bad one! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, not enough hours in the day :)

    New follower

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through. Definitely needs to be at least 36 hours per day. You sound like me. Reading, running, and crafting.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there! Thanks for stopping by. :) I hear that a lot actually about stick figures and people "not being able to draw a straight line." Well, good news. Artists usually can't do those things either. Those simple little tasks are the hardest things to do in art! So don't feel like you got cut short, all humans did on that one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower stopping on by...

    Kristin @ http://kristincanread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! Hopping on through!!

    That's a good idea to borrow books from friends/other people. Unfortunately, none of my friends outside the blogosphere read, so I have to either rent them from the library, win free books, or buy them. My TBR Pile is growing rapidly. Haha. My TBR list is even worse!!

    I'm a new follower. Hope to see you around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OLD FOLLOWER.

    Stopping by from the Blog Hop.

    Stop by to visit if you can. I usually get my books from the library.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoying my visit through the hop. Try The Friends of the Library books sales at your local library. They've got great deals!

    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there! new blog follower from follow friday, little late but oh well! love your page and i'm lookin forward to seeing more of your posts. hope you will stop by my blog and follow me! =]


    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete