Friday, July 29, 2011

Follow Friday, TGIF, & Book Blogger Hop

Happy Friday!
It's time for me to link-up with some of my favorite hops of the week!


{one}
Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee

Today's Q:
Let's step away from books for a second and get personal. What T-Shirt Slogan best describes you?

A:

I'd run for any food ... and a beer ... not just post-race food


{two}
TGIF at GReads!


Today's Q:
Character Envy: If you could be one character from a book, who would you choose & why?

A:
hmmm...this is a good one. I would have to pick Saba from Blood Red Road. All the crappy situations she's thrown into trying to rescue her beloved twin brother -- she's able to handle them like a true warrior/heroine and I admire her for that. I would've given up right from the start.

 

{three}
Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy-for-Books


Today's Q:
Highlight one book you have recieved this week (for review, from the library, purchased at the store, etc.) that you can't wait to dig into!

A:


From Amazon.com: As a kid, Jacob formed a special bond with his grandfather over his bizarre tales and photos of levitating girls and invisible boys. Now at 16, he is reeling from the old man's unexpected death. Then Jacob is given a mysterious letter that propels him on a journey to the remote Welsh island where his grandfather grew up. There, he finds the children from the photographs--alive and well--despite the islanders’ assertion that all were killed decades ago. As Jacob begins to unravel more about his grandfather’s childhood, he suspects he is being trailed by a monster only he can see. A haunting and out-of-the-ordinary read, debut author Ransom Rigg’s first-person narration is convincing and absorbing, and every detail he draws our eye to is deftly woven into an unforgettable whole. Interspersed with photos throughout, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is a truly atmospheric novel with plot twists, turns, and surprises that will delight readers of any age.


I can't wait to get into this book. I went looking for it as soon as I read about it - and my local bookstore was all sold out! Which I took as a good sign. As soon as I finish my current read...this book is next up in my TBR pile.

Have you read it? What do you think?

~Trish

21 comments:

  1. Hopping through....That book does look good! I will keep my eye open for your thoughts on it! Come on over and check out my book! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from the blog hop...I've noticed this book and I'm tempted...thanks for sharing!

    Here's MY BOOK BLOGGER HOP POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by to say hello and wish you a wonderful weekend! I have Miss Peregrin's as well and can't wait to read it!!

    http://www.cafeofdreamsbookreviews.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop-729.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Love the T-shirt. And I loved Saba's character as well! Can't wait for the rest of the series. I've had my eye on Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children for a while. It just looks so creepy and awesome. Thanks for stopping by, following back! Have a good weekend. :)

    Pepa @ Anonymous Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read this one! Sounds good! Stopping by from the hop and am a new follower. Here is my hop this week: Pawing Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a review for Peculiar Children this week; it was greatly enjoyed. Probably too scary for me.

    Here's my Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday for this week:
    BBH and FF: Bonjour! Enchanté! ¡Buenos días!
    And I hope you will stop in to throw your hat into the ring for my July Giveaway! Win a $25 Amazon gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have saw a few reviews for this book and it does look good. Even had a flick through it myself and came very close to buying it. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read that book too. I've posted a picture of an adorable baby pickle. It's an illustration from the book I'm highlighting. Please come see what book I'm reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve seen a lot of interesting shirts on the different blogs. With the non-stop coverage of debt ceiling doomsday I’ve got to show you the t-shirt that describes me to a tee – at least this week! Follow me back to my blog and prepare to fall out of your chair laughing – http://www.howardsherman.net

    We’ve just gotta laugh, right? Life’s too short after all!

    Thank God it’s Follow Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe, I'd run for food too. no doubt about that. :D

    that book sounds intriguing, will look out for your review.
    Thanks for hopping by my blog. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the slogan :)

    New follower

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heya! Am hopping by from FF. New follower.

    Great choices this week.

    My post: The Write Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Hopping through! New follower! That book looks very interesting. Will look forward to seeing what you're thoughts are on it.

    Here is the book I chose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to get in the habit of running for food. At the moment...yeah...still on the couch :)

    New follower.

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, cool pick for the t-shirt slogan :D
    Hmm, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is on my I-intend-to-read-that list...tell me how it is when you're done reading it :D

    P.S.: I'm Butterfly-o-Meter Books, just using my blogger account to post :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neat shirt! New follower, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shirt! And I totally agree with you on the character envy question. I loved Saba, she was so strong through everything. Also I have a crush on Jack so...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the follow and comment! I love your slogan: so funny!! :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Meg @ The Book Addicted Girl

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’m seeing a lot of single answer responses with Twilight being by far the most popular choice. I really must analyze all the elements of that series that send girls ga-ga. Such studies are a part of the never-ending "code breaking” we males need to continuously execute to understand and relate with the fairer sex.

    I’ve cracked about 80% of the code. I will continue cracking the code until I reach 100% success. Then I’ll write a book for men and become a billionaire overnight.

    BUT I DIGRESS....

    I’ve got four different series I can read over and over again. Three of them were written by deceased authors and three of them are fantasy adventures.

    Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and find out how far off the beaten track I’ve gone with my favorite book series!

    Thank God it’s Follow Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved this week’s question! I’ve made so many friends in the book blog world and am really impressed with so many blogs it was hard to hunker down and make a choice.

    But I did it! I’m shining the spotlight on a Jersey girl! Hop on over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net to find out who she is and discover her amazing book blog.

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete