Friday, July 8, 2011

Follow Friday & TGIF!

This week has gone by pret-ty fast. I wish every week could be like this (mind you ... I was on vacation last week, we had off work Monday, and Tuesday I took the day off -- so basically I only worked 3 days this week -- and believe it or not I got A LOT of work stuff & sales in during those 3 days).

Today there are SOO many link-ups I want to do. I will try to limit myself to like two-- for now. Check back later I may squeeze another one in tonight...we'll see :)


{link up #1}

Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee.
This week's Q: 
Let's step away from besties ... what is the worst book that you've ever read and actually finished?

A: I can't think of one book that I started to read...HATED IT...and then finished it. I can think of a few books I started and never finished (see below) but I can't really force myself through a bad book -- not like a bad movie where I can sit and watch just because it's just that bad.


{link up #2}

TGIF at GReads

Today's Q:
Blogger Confession: What's the last book you could not finish? 
(or had a hard time finishing?)
 
A: There are PLENTY of book in tucked away under my bed, in the attic, in my book basket and in my storage unit that I have picked up and put back down becasue I couldn't get into them.  The 3 that comes to mind:

I just couldn't get into this book. I tried. About a year ago I remember sitting on my lunch break trying to read it. I couldn't do it!

I REALLY wanted to read and like this book. I read a few chapter of it...then I got it on audio book so I could listen to it while I drove. I couldn't get into either version. I may just have to go see the play because I do want to know what happens!

This is another one that I started and never finished. I don't know how far I got and I know I can't tell you one thing about this book. 
 
 There are a couple other books that I tried to read...that I couldn't get into...that are CLASSICS - but I'm afraid to admit that I couldn't get into them for the shame and embrassment and for know I should probably love and appreciate them...
 
 ... OH..heck. I'll put it out there ... don't judge me but I couldn't get thru: 

What about you? Have you read any of these 4 books and LOVED them? Should I give any of them another try?


~TRISH

 

4 comments:

  1. How funny! I just finished Anna Karenina and thought it was quite good. Long, a little slow, but good. I agree with you on Wicked, though. I have tried starting that book four times, and I just can't get into it. Maybe one of these days.

    New follower!

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked? Ohhhh, I haven't watch the musical but I heard it's good. Too bad it wasn't worth finishing for you! They have really great songs though, that's a plus! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up liking Love Walked In, but I did think it lost some of it's momentum half-way through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I loved Wicked, but it was really dense and hard to get into. I understand your issues.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete