Friday, August 19, 2011

Follow Friday, Book Blogger Hop & TGIF

Happy Friday!
I'm so relieved it's Friday! I've waited all week for this day! Now all I have to do is make it to 5pm and I'll be HAPPY!

Time for my favorite Friday Memes:

Link-Up with Parajunkee HERE

Q: If you could write yourself a part in a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?

A: This is a GOOD question. Hmmm...I'm really loving dystopian right now (Hunger Games, Divergent, Blood Red Road) BUT I don't think I would want to have a role in those type of books. I need something more "cushy" and "safe".  I think I would like to be one of the kids in the Harry Potter Series -- you know -- one of the ones feasting, or playing in the hallway, learning magic, "helping" Harry save everyone. That seems like a good role for me.



Link-Up with Jen HERE



Q: What's the LONGEST book you've ever read?

 Oh, my. I feel silly just thinking about what my answer to this would be...because I don't know. I don't think I've read some massively long book. I think most recently (within the past year or two) the longest book that I've read (and enjoyed) was The Other Boleyn Girl by Philipa Gregory...and that was 664 pages.

  


Link-up with Ginger HERE
 
Q: Have you ever read a book and not want to review it? Are some books too personal that we want to keep our thoughts to our own? 

I have never written a book review (yet). I'm going to try my hand on one soon but I haven't officially written my own yet. BUT I can say there are reviews that I have happened across that I DON'T want to read. Some books I just don't want my own opinion tainted by someone else's. Does that make sense? I've been turned off of books that I probably would've really enjoyed because of someone's review. So I haven't had this problem yet, but I will revisit this after I write some of my own reviews and let you know.

HAPPY FRIDAY!
~Trish

20 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Dystopian...seems like it would be awesome to help save the world and change society, but it all sounds like so much work :-P

    Jex @ Everything and Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the Dystopian...saving the world and standing up for society sounds awesome, but in the end its just so much work!

    Jex @ Everything and Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read any distopia, but I hear Hunger Games is wonderful.
    Cana (I have a giveaway going on)
    http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I think if I was in a dystopian book I would be one of the first to die. I've no survival skills whatsoever!
    New follower!
    Amy's Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be a kid in the Harry Potter world too! That would be an awesome childhood. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL was good....I love the blog hop to find new titles. :)

    OLD FOLLOWER.

    Stop by my blog to see my comment.

    Stop by my blog on August 27 and 28...two giveaways will be going on.

    See this link for details:

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2011/08/mark-your-calendarsaugust-27-and-august.html

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha..I love that you want to help but stay away from danger..hehe. I would not want to be in a dystopian book either - no Hunger Games for me. Now, give me a few good powers and let me take over the world - that I could deal with..lol

    I am trying to follow you, but the followers button in down on Blogger. I'll come back.

    Evie@Paromantasy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my FF! I absolutely love the movie of the Other Boelyn girl, I have the book on my wishlist, but it's really long so it scares me lol. I almost forgot about the Twilight series all together too though :)

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answer about the dystopian books. LOL.

    I’m a new follower
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most people would guess I’d write myself in the role of a hero in a fictional adventure of some kind. But that would be only partially correct. As is my norm, I throw a curve ball in my answer that makes perfect sense one you follow my logic. Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and follow along the logic with me!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I think the longest book i recently read was Midnight by Sister Souljah. don't worry about reviewing. just tell folks what you thought of the book: its not truly written in stone what you say. you don't claim to be a professional blogger. reviews tells a reader about how they felt about a book. so what have you been doing on this blog. lol. let me check it out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha I want a cushy or safer role too. I love the hunger games but that is too much danger for me.

    Thanks for stopping by blog, I subscribed to email updates but I cant see your GFC followers widget. Ill come back later to see if it shows up.

    my FF- Book Briefs' FF

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the visit! Am following.

    It would definitely be fun to visit Hogwarts...but you know, those moving staircases and creepy creatures might be just as deadly as anything dystopia can dish out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. my blog cohort is from maryland too - come by seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey!
    Yep, Harry Potter-ism seems to be a trend this week on the hop :D And vampire-ism, though that's pretty much on the dangerous side.

    I see what you mean about book reviews. Sometimes they tend to influence me out of reading something I perhaps might have liked.

    Have a great weekend!

    Butterfly-o-Meter Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by :) I agree with you about the dystopian books. I loved Hunger Games but there is no way I'd want to have a part in that world at all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting. New Follower. Yep, saving the world would be cool

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have The Other Boleyn Girl on my TBR shelf, but I know my Not-So-Bebe-Girl Autumn ripped through it in spite of it's size!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everyone seems to like the Dystopian books...I think I will have to get a move on an read The Hunger Games and jump on the band wagon - or fall under the wheels if I don't like it lol.

    Saving the world from evil people killing wizards seems like a snazzy idea though :)

    New follower :)

    Blethering About Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for visiting! Nice page, new follower. I'd love to be in a dystopian and have a dramatic life and be one of the ones who actually make it to the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete