Friday, August 26, 2011

Follow Friday, TGIF, & Book Blogger Hop

Happy Friday!

Time for Friday's Memes - yay!

Link-up w/Parajunkee -- HERE
Q: In books like the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series the paranormal creature in question "comes out of the closet" and makes itself known to the world. Which mythical creature do you wish would come out of the closet, for real?

A: I WOULD say Vampires - if I could have a "don't kill me clause". But with my luck - I'd be the first one dead on the DAY of the announcement of Vampires "coming out of the closet".  
So I think I'd want some safe mythical creature -- like a fairy...like a from a children's book (not like a fairy from the Sookie books). Or...wait...Unicorns. Even better! Much Safer! I'm going to go with that :)


Link-Up w/Jen - HERE
Q: Non-book-related this week!  Do you have pets?

Yes!  I have a cat - Stitch. He's like 10+ years old and is just slightly overweight/big-boned.  I also have 2 red-eared sliders (turtles) that I got on a trip to Florida a few years ago AND we have a 2 year-old German Shepherd named Sammie.
Sammie & Stitch


Link-Up w/Ginger - HERE

Q: Book Associations: which genre, authors, or particular books do you think people associate with your reading style?

I don't think any of my friends would associate me with a particular genre, authors or particular book style. I'm just known as a "reader". I don't think I even associate myself with a particular genre/author (although, recently, I'm being more & more of a YA reader).

~Trish

26 comments:

  1. LOL! Hi! Following you from the Feature & Follow Friday Book Blog Hop. Would love a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Nice to meet you. I also have a call for blogger participation for an upcoming giveaway if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I chose unicorns too! There's no good uni-fiction out there! Protestttttt!

    Nora, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww cute dog and cat!

    Unicorns wouldn't be too bad to have come out of the closet! Actually saw this answer 3x already!! And again I'll say that as long as they don't raid my underwear drawer like Phin from Allison Pang's A Brush of Darkness does, I'd have no problem with them coming out of the closet!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMIGOD I love your cat...he looks like he's dead! lol... And I definitely love the unicorn choice :) I'm a new follower just hopping through! If you have a chance you could check me out on my site!
    http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-memes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unicorns are great! It's an option for me too! But not the unicorns in Rampant (have you read it?) Bdw Here's mine.

    New follower,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, we have a 5-year old German Shepherd. Love those dogs. Sammie is very cute! And, you are the second person I've seen who said unicorns! I too, want something nice -- nothing nasty. I'd rather not know about those creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by from the Hop! I love your cat! SO cute and slightly overweight! :) haha.

    My Hop is here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohh! Unicorns would be awesome to see around on a daily basis! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh...I did not think that anyone could be bigger than my Milo but your Stitch has him beat!!

    I'm not following you as well:)

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is some cat! Adorable :)

    I like the fairy idea too. A fairy godmother would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love unicorns, they seem so magical! Great answer. New follower :)

    Tia @Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! I thought I had big cats. :D http://bit.ly/n07LE5

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute photo!!! Stitch looks very soft....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by Pawing Through Books! I agree about the vampires, as long as they don't kill us all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cat, he's adorable! And I think unicorns would be a great addition to the world! Thanks for checking out my blog. New follower.

    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tish your cat look like the pillbury dough cat. lol. Sammie is looking straight at the camera. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahha, the vamps should come with a clause that they are not permitted to eat us! Great answer ;)

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cat is so fat it's amazing!!!!

    new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Unicorns! What an awesome idea. And that pictured of your pets, so precious! I love Stitch, I'm sure he's great for cuddling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm, I never thought of unicorns. That would be cool. I definitely classify myself as a YA reader as well.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following in return.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unicorns! I didn't even think of them!!
    I <3 your fat cat!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF! I'm following you back!! :)

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  22. New follower. Love your picture of your pets! The cat is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hopping through. Harmless paranormal creatures are important. I'd take a unicorn.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hopping through! Thanks for stopping by my blog. To answer your question: a Nephilim is half angel and half human. They're what the shadowhunters are in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, but they're in other books, as well.

    ReplyDelete