Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday, TGIF and Book Blogger Hop...

It's my FAVORITE day of the week - and not only because it's payday ... but because there are TONS of great link-ups & blog hops starting today that will carry thru the weekend.  I've already kicked off my morning with Jenn's Photo Inspiration Friday - you can see my post here.

Now - time for some Book Blogging:


Follow Friday is Hosted by Parajunkee's ViewAlison Can Read

 Q:
Talk about the book that most changed or influence your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it)?

A:
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
This book really stuck with me -- I've only read it once, and that was years ago but I still think about it to this day. I love the story and I love the idea behind the story. Now, I'm not very religious - I couldn't tell you a thing about religion but this book completely changed my perspective on what Heaven could be. I don't want to give it away but READ this book. It'll take you no time at all because it's a quick/easy read.

Book Blogger Hop is Hosted by:

 Q:
What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?

A:
Yea..soo...um... what is an ARC?! Am I the only one that doesn't know what that means? Can you please fill me in?
TY!

 

TGIF @ GReads is hosted by Ginger

Q:
Taking it Personal: Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?
A:
SOOO many books have stayed on my mind long after I finished them. Sometimes I don't realize how much I REALLY liked a book after finishing it until days/weeks/months later when I find myself still thinking about them. 
Here are SOME of books that I still think about all the time:
1. The Five People you Meet in Heaven By Mitch Albom
See my answer to the #FF answer above as to why
2. The Color of Water by James McBride
I read this book in High School English class over 10 years ago and I was just amazed by the story.
3. The Giver By Lois Lowry
I just ordered this book on Amazon this week so I can re-read it. This was a book I read in middle school  and I remember being so impressed by it. I hope when I re-read it - it'll be just as good
4. The Story of a Marriage by Andrew Sean Greer
Now, I have to say...WHILE I was reading this book I didn't like it. BUT after I finished it and moved on to different books I found myself thinking about this book - mainly the characters.
5. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Loved the Story. Would like to see this become a movie -- if they can do it as well as the book is written.
6. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
If you think you're live is crazy...READ THIS BOOK. It's a memoir and you just won't believe some of the stuff Jeannette Walls goes through as a child.

Well, I'll stop there for now. I feel like I've been rambling on.
I hope you have a great Friday and thanks for hopping by!

~Trish

18 comments:

  1. New follower! An ARC meand Advanced Readers Copy. It is a marketing tool used by publishers and authors to promote their books! :)

    Happy Friday!

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like amyer23 said, Advanced Readers Copy. I guess the question should have asked what book, yet to be released, would you like read right now. I'm a new follower.
    NC Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of Five People You Meet In Heaven but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I am a new follower of yours. :) ARC = Jealous fits of rage from some bloggers. I mean advanced reader copies. LOL. They are uncorrected copies of books (grammer errors) that publishers send out months before the release of the book. ARCs are paperbacks, may have scenes written that don't make it to the final copy and may also have cover changes. They are what publishers send out to have reviewed before the publication date. Usually months in advance.

    Have a great weekend. I think I am going to the library to check out the five people you meet in heaven. Will I cry when I read it? Sounds like it could be an emotional read.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will head out to the library and get Five People you Meet In Heaven. Will it make me cry? it sounds emotional!

    ARC = fits of book bloggers jealousy, er, I mean Advanced Readers Copies. Uncorrected paperback copies of books sent to reviewers months before release date. They are great marketing tools, are hard to get and coveted by many people.

    New follower :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a memoir reader so I'm going to place 'The Glass Castle" on my list.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED THE THIRTEENTH TALE!!!!! I read it years ago and I still periodically check the author's amazon and wikipedia pages to see if she is going to put out a new book any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. post all of the following including the signature to each and every blog at
    the Book Blogger hop:

    As with just about everything else, most people will be startled to learn which
    ARC I’m looking forward to the most.

    Shocked, possibly.

    So what’s the next ARC I’m looking forward to the most? The one I can’t stop thinking about?
    The one that gives me sweaty palms?

    Hop on over to my blog now and find out – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not all of us get ARCs on a regular basis. I mostly do my personal collection and the library. One month and one day from today's hop, the book I'm highlighting comes out. Come see which book I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" yet, but I've heard it's an amazing book! Great post!! I'm a new follower :)

    Here's my post: http://tiny.cc/3vjl5
    Also, here's my most recent giveaway: http://tiny.cc/bmdog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someone with something different. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love. ARC is an Advanced Reader Copy. I've just started getting them myself. Piece of advice, get a Net Galley Account. It's free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not heard of either books, but I'll be sure to check 'em out!

    New follower, totally enamoured by your blog design, by the way!

    My FF - Linky Here

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great list of books! I just read The Giver this year (for the first time, kind of embarrassing). I'm sure you'll like it just as much as an adult. :)
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds awesome! I think The Giver was my first "dystopian" type book when I read it for a project in sixth grade. Been hooked ever since :]

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Nora, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, I agree with Jen on the ARC thing - some bloggers can get a bit jealous! I haven't read Five People You Meet In Heaven, but maybe I will check it out now! Thanks for stopping by my blog, following you now too!

    ReplyDelete