Friday, August 12, 2011

Follow Friday, TGIF, & Book Blogger Hop

Friday is FINALLY here -- HOORAY -- and that means it's time for Friday memes:
Let's get started:

Link-Up HERE w/parajunkee
or HERE w/alisoncanread
Q: How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or if you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

When I was a teenager I thought I was a poet. Seriously. That was my goal, my hope, my DREAM. So I spent a lot of time reading poetry getting "inspired".  I loved (well, still love but just not as much): Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes, Countee Cullen,  Nikki Giovanni, & more. I spent a lot of time at the library looking for poets to inspire me.

I read other books during my teens year - pretty much anything that I got my hands on BUT poetry is the genre I specifically remember spending a lot of time with. 

Side Note:  I did not become a poet. Sad {but true} Story :)



Link-Up for this hop HERE
Q: Let's talk crazy book titles! Highlight one or two (or as many as you like!) titles in your personal collection that have the most interesting titles! If you can't find any, feel free to find one on the internet.

Crazy book titles in my collection? Hmmm. I think the two "craziest" book titles I have in my personal collection are:


I originally bought the Poo book for my friend but went back and bought myself a copy because it is FILLED with handy information. The titles of these books crack me up.











Link-Up for this hop HERE
Q: Author Block Party!! If you could gather a handful of authors to hang out with, who would you choose?

This answer would depend on the day and my mood - because there's SO many. I'd like to have many different favorites - As soon as I post this - I'm SURE I'll think if a whole new lot of authors I'd like to get together. Suzanne CollinsVeronica RothJ.K. Rowling,  Maya Angelou,  Jodi Picoult, and the other 3 authors I listed in my follow friday question.




Okay - that's it for now! 




Happy Friday & Happy Hopping!




~Trish

29 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from the hop. Haha! The books you chose definitely have crazy titles. Maybe I'll pick up a copy for some bathroom reading (excuse the pun).

    New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. If you want to tray a YA historical fiction, I highly recommend Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. A lot of readers liked it even if they weren't a historical fan. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice block party and awesome dream to become a poet. Who knows, you may still become one! :]

    Nora, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had J.K. Rowling on my list also.

    Lydia @ Sensual Ride

    http://sensualride.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-memes_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love Langston Hughes, I wish I had thought to include him on my list of authors for the party! It's never to late to write poetry either :)

    Anja @ http://reading2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodi Piccoult would be a good one. I've always wondered how into her subjects she gets...if she drops them after the book, or stays involved with the issues. Nice choice

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower hopping through! LoL at your funny book titles! I see you're reading The Giver - one of my all-time favorite books! I hope you are enjoying it! See my FF over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books and make sure you enter my giveaway! It ends tonight!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those book titles are the best yet! New follower, happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you through the hop and now following, too! Your title selections are hilarious!

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms. C
    http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

    PS - loving your blog design, gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, sadly, wasn't into poetry, but that's awesome you read it to draw inspiration from! Great post!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I remember most of the kids I was around aspired to be poets.

    Here's my FF: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday_12.html

    New follower! Happy FF!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Carla
    Library Mosaic

    ReplyDelete
  13. I easily came up with five crazy book titles just by taking a fast look at my bookshelf.

    All five come from the same book series. Can you guess which series it is?

    Here’s a hint – The book series is a trilogy in five parts.

    Hop on over to my blog for the answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.inthestory.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I must admit, poetry is probably one of the genres I never read. I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you now, I love your banner and background.

    I use to write poetry when I was a teen, not so much anymore though. I hardly read poetry but I have a few collections on my shelves that I like to look at when the mood strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great author party! I picked J.K. Rowling and Suzanne Collins too! I was thinking of Veronica Roth but I wasn't too sure:P

    new follower, happy friday:D

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought my dad the poo book a couple years ago. It is so funny. Friday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hilarious Titles! Look at mine!!!

    Happy blog hopping!.

    I read varied genres, have a truly eclectic taste in books. Feel free to explore my blog, browse my reviews. I follow via google reader NOT GFC!

    Here is my Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Um, what? That is the craziest, crazy-town title I've ever heard in my life. You definitely win, hands-down, for the craziest title that I've every heard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Trish! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Follow Friday. :-)

    Poetry was not something I was every really into but I think I would give it a try. Occasionally I'll write some free verse to clear my head.

    Those two book titles are insane and weird!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think those are the best odd title yet.

    Visiting via Book Blogger Hop. I am your newest GFC follower. I always follow back. Stop by and see what crazy title I chose.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Strange book titles! lol

    Excellent choice of authors. Definitely J.K Rowling and Suzanne Collins. That would be awesome.

    thanks for visiting my blog. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello just stopping by to say hello, Im a new follower, thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello! I am your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop. I would love it if you would follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    www.motherdaughterconnex.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Thanks for following me from the hop. I'm a new follower.

    I'm not really into poetry even though I got a big book of Rumi so maybe that will get me into poetry.

    The books titles and graphics and the colors of the books are cracking me up.

    PS. I knit (haven't for a long time; reading is taking all my time, run, and read.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just popped by to say Hi and thanks for the follow! And dude! It's awesome to see a fellow Maryland blogger!

    ReplyDelete