Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Current Project: Mosaic Afghan

Hello! 

I'm feeling crafty lately! I've been seeing cool stuff on Pinterest and I'm feeling inspired!

My current craft of choice is crochet. I can make (and have made) some basic things like scarves, slouchy hats, baby blankets and star afghans, oh and I made a bag once....{it was all lopsided - but there's no need to bring that to anyone's attention}

I'd like to take a class here eventually so I can learn to do more things ... like to learn how to make socks, gloves, and I would LOVE to learn how to make amigurumi (which is the Japanese art of knitting or crochet small stuffed animals & anthropomorphic creatures. Word is a combo of the Japanese word ami meaning crocheted or knitted and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll {definition via})

I REALLY want to make stuff from this book:
{via}
But that's for another time. Maybe that'll be one of my 2012 Goals.
Right now I'm totally obsessed with making crochet star afghans. I've made two adult size blankets and one star for a baby blanket...and now I'm currently making ... you guessed it ... another star!

I'm making this pattern:

I'm only about half-way done and I'm ALREADY thinking about making another one because I THINK I should've used the yarn that was used in this {above} picture. 

I decided to go with this yarn:

And here's what my "mosaic star afghan" looks like so far:





I think I want to add two more skeins of yarn and then voilà! 
I'll post the pics of the completed afghan as soon as I'm done!

BTW: I'm still on a hunt for a CUTE pattern for a baby blanket pattern. If you have suggestions please send them my way :)

~Trish

3 comments:

  1. Lookin' good!!! Im very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I wish I could crochet or knit or SOMETHING!!! You have such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl! If i was back home i would mail you all the yarn i have. We had a class through our women's ministry. one of the ladies does it so well. I did learn to make a top. (shell) thats about it. I quilt. Wonderful memories.
    Now, I need you to stop at my blog (thursday). There is a congratulatory for you.
    Congratulation!
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete