Thursday, August 4, 2011

Not a Review, But a Recommendation

Let's get this out of the way first and foremost ... I'm not a book reviewer.
I don't even know how to give a review besides saying "eh...it was good...I guess".
I just enjoy a good book.
I enjoy reading blogs about books.
I enjoy book blogger hops.
I enjoy seeing comments from my book-blogger-friends recommending good books to me.
And ... ah ... I wish I had the TALENT to write some of the amazing books I read.

BUT...

What I CAN do is recommend a good book when I come across one.
And I've come across a REALLY good one:
DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth.


I wrote my Tuesday Teaser on this book and I got lots of people who commented on the tease (BTW-thank you for all the comments I LOVE that) about this book being on their bookshelves or in the TBR pile and my advice is MOVE IT UP ON YOUR LIST! Seriously. It's that good.

Ok. That's all I'll say about it.
But check it out and let me know what you think!
I've added some of the books people recommended to me (from those who read this book already), but if you have any other recommendations please let me know! My TBR pile could always use some additions.

~Trish

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed DIVERGENT, too. It's unique, fast-paced and exciting. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard now, from two people (including you) that this book is good. I'm definitely putting it on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I might hvae to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you know what you like about a book that is cool to me, In the book blog world, its not only for reviewers, but avid readers and authors too. I have not read that book but i definitely have read good reviews about it. this is a pretty blog, love the header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the cover alone looks good...gonna go add it to my to-read list on Good Reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought it! I will read it next just for YOU!!

    ReplyDelete