Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Devil in the White City ...


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser for this week:

by
Erik Larson

"HOW EASY IT WAS TO DISAPPEAR: A thousand trains a day entered or left Chicago. Many of these trains brought single women who had never seen a city buy now hoped to make one the biggest and toughest their home."
page 11

What do you think? Have you read this book? 
It's been on my TBR pile for a long time and I'm excited to get into it.

~Trish

14 comments:

  1. Oh...I've read this one and I loved it! Hope you are enjoying it, too.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the book but it is a great teaser you selected because it raises a bunch of curiosity. Good choice

    Thanks for stopping by mine.
    http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/tuesday-teaser-contentment-by-margaret.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good teaser. I've heard good things about this book! Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've heard of this one, but interesting teaser. How many of us just want to disappear sometimes? I know there are times that I do! lol

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser tuesday as well!

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intriguing teaser. I've not heard of this book. You'll have to let us know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks really interesting. A friend told me about it and I spent the rest of that afternoon googling H. H. Holmes. Super creepy dude...made my skin crawl. :P Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the title and cover of this one. good teaser, on my list it goes.
    http:/sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this before! It sounds interesting!

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this book before but I really like the teaser. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my TT.
    Marcie from To Read or Not To Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting to read this for years. I keep hearing how fantastic it is. I will hopefully get to it someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been meaning to read this one for a while now. Thanks for the teaser, and thanks for stopping by!

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete