Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB
of Should Be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



My teaser comes from the same book I teased last week (same book - different tease).
I hope you don't mind!
"One theory is that they reversed-aged themselves to a time before even their soul had been conceived, which is why we call them hollowgast--because their hearts, their souls, are empty. They achieved the immortality they'd been seeking."

page 256
By Ransom Riggs


~Trish

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this. Heard so many good things.

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/teaser-tuesday-aug-23/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I've been meaning to get this. Thanks for checking out my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to hear what you think about this book-- I've heard mixed reviews on it! The cover kind of creeps me out haha :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hhhmmm - this book is certainly living up to its name. Your teaser this week is rather peculiar! But I'm certainly intrigued!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. immortality without a soul is like a glass that is never used. Pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome teaser! I can't wait until I get my hands on that book. I'm still thirteenth in the reservation queue at the library for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind, each one makes me want a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read this one now! The photos are really creepy though. Here's my teaser for this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my...who would want to be immortal without a heart and soul? Is that the reason Miss Peregrine looks like she does? :) Intriguing!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been curious about this book. Thanks for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good teaser! Never heard of the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very strange and interesting. I want to understand.

    I have a TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this novel. I'm going to check it out!

    Great teaser:)

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-august-23rd-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so interested to read your review. I have this on my TBR and I just gave a copy of it away on my blog. It looks amazing. I really need more reading time *sigh*.

    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh this sounds so intriguing... I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete