Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Here's what you do:
  • Grab your current Read
  • Open to a Random Page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers!
  • Share Title & Author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers                                                                                                     
My Teaser*:                                                          
   "Dauntless fire and Abnegation stones are both on my left, one in front of my shoulder and one behind. I hold the knife in my right hand and touch the blade to my palm. Gritting my teeth, I drag the blade down. It stings, but I barely notice. I hold both hands to my chest, and my next breath shudders on the way out." 
   Divergent by
Veronica Roth
 page 47

*I realize this is more than 2 lines -- but I had to include the extra sentences so you can get a good teaser.
 
What's your Tuesday Teaser? I'm ALWAYS looking to grow my TBR pile and I'm on a hunt for good books :)
 
~Trish
 

20 comments:

  1. Wow! Good teaser!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book already and it is my favorite of 2011 so far. Awesome teaser and quote. =] Thanks for visiting mine already =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting my blog! I bought Divergent awhile ago, but I haven't read it yet. I'm going to have to bump it up on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have this book lying on my shelf - MUST READ NOW. <3 A+ teaser, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this teaser! I want this book so bad, it'll probably be the next book I buy.

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind the extra lines. I'd love to know what happens next.

    Great teaser. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Teaser. I have this book on my shelf waiting to be read. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my teaser as well.

    Marcie from To Read or Not To Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful teaser, suspenseful and descriptive.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-the-girls-of-murder-city.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tish, welcome to the book blogging community.
    this book has gotten good rating from bloggers i know who have read it and there have been quite a few. new follower
    mine: http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice teaser. Sometimes it's just better with a couple extra lines.

    http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-8211.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser. Got this one on my tbr pile.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser! Can't wait to read it! Have heard amazing things about it.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh fab teaser! I want to read this one...*sigh*

    Wanna take a look at my TT?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser. The cover makes me want to read it, as well as your teaser. My Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks interesting. Since you asked for books to toss on your to-be-read pile, right now I'm working my way through Catherine Asaro's Skolian Saga, which has been quite good thus far.

    Aaron (Dreaming About Other Worlds).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I checked this book out from the library and it's taunting me next to my bed! I can't start it.... yet!

    Here's MotherLode’s teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful teaser! I have Divergent sitting here on my shelf waiting for me to grab it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great teaser! I will have to add this one to my tbr list!!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So behind on my emails this week!! Anyway...great teaser! This is one of my top reads of 2011. Love it! Thanks for stoppin' by my blog. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great teaser. I've been seen this book a lot. I hope I can end up borrowing one from my friends if they get to pick a copy. :D

    ReplyDelete