Thursday, September 8, 2011

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme (mostly) about books and reading.


What are you reading now?
Would you recommend it?
And what's next?

What are you reading now?

by Erik Larson


Would you recommend it?

So far, I WOULD recommend this book. I'm still really early in the book (like page 20) but it's really interesting (particularly the H.H. Holmes parts of the book). I'm trying SO hard not to google the events & people & buildings from the book until I finish reading. I don't know the story of the World Fair so I want to learn as I go instead of skipping ahead.


And what's next?

By Jay Asher

I'm really looking forward to this one! The concept of the book sounds sooo interesting. I hope it's well written and a smooth read and that it doesn't let me down because I have been waiting months to get my hands on this book.

How about you?
Have you read either of these books?
What are you reading? What are you recommending?
~Trish


9 comments:

  1. I really need to read some of Erik Larson's work. I started reading the Morganville Vampire books by Rachael Caine. So far, I'm not that impressed. I don't know if I'll get past the first little book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your readin goes great! Both look really good!

    House Millar - BTT

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great question this week. I love seeing what everyone is reading. My BTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to Thirteen Reason Why a couple of years ago...and I heartily recommend it. I think you'll really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I haven't read any of your books but I'm intrigued by the Asher book. I hope its as good as you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books sound really good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked Thirteen Reasons Why! Good pick!

    My BTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like good books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Devil in the White City is on my TBR list. Sounds like it should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete