Friday, September 9, 2011

Follow Friday, Book Blogger Hop & TGIF

HAPPY FRIDAY!
Despite this being only a 4-day work week - it feels like Friday took forever to get here!

Time for Friday's Memes:
Link-up HERE
Q: Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story?
If so, which one??

um. right now I can't really think of a book in which I wanted to villain to win.
I know there has to be at least one. But eh - I'm having a brain fart.
I'm sure once I start hopping around to everyones blog's I'll think of something...

Link-up HERE


Q: Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn't read that genre anymore?

I read a lot of different genres. I don't have a particular one I stick to. I skip around a lot - from African American ficition ... chicklit ... dabbled in some historical fiction ... got stuck on Dystopia and Young Adult books now I'm reading some non-fiction. I'm all over the place. So, no, I wouldn't give up reading. I'd just find something else to like.


Link up HERE
Q: Books to Television: Which books would you love to see made into a TV series? or movie?

Any & All GOOD books -- I would like to see be made into a TV series of movie. As much as I love reading - I love watching TV & Movies. I can't imagine life without my DVR and my Netflix. Is that bad?
Here are some of my TOP choices of books that I'd love to see on the big (or small) screen:


Blood Red Road by Moria Young

I really liked this book. I can't wait for the next one in the series to come out.
I think I didn't really appreciate this book until months after I finished reading it and I was still thinking about the characters. I may have to give it a re-read to show it some appreciation. This would make a great movie: strong female lead, lots of action, and even a little love interest.



Divergent by Veronica Roth

If you read this book, you'd agree. If you haven't read this book (and you're a YA Fan) go get it now. It would be a great movie (if done right). Something I'd be excited to watch - and for a lot of the same reasons as I listed above for Blood Red Road.

and my 3rd choice would be:


The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

I LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEDDDD the story in this book.
There's excitement, mystery, good settings. This would make an EXCELLENT movie.


What do you think?

16 comments:

  1. I agree! Any and all good books should be made into movies! Divergent and Blood Red Road are awesome choices. Lovely blog you have here. New Follower. Feel free to follow back @ http://www.booklove101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to think of villian's that need to win!
    I LOVED Divergent, one of my all time fave distopian novels :)

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thirteenth Tale was fantastic. That really would make a great movie if done right. Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divergent would be a great TV show! I have that on my TGIF too! I think the first book is so good and it would have high ratings if it was made into a TV show!

    Check out my TGIF: http://ivyreads.info/2011/09/tgif-1/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to think of a villian worth of the win.

    New follower :0)

    My Follow Friday

    Sarah @ The Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Draco and Hermione are just such opposites but you know what they say- opposites attract! It's an idea that is so wrong but still fits together perfectly!

    I have Blood Red Road and I haven't chanced reading it yet. Heard just great things about it but I just don't want to be disappointed by it so I haven't read it yet. I will one day.
    New follower. Have a great weekend!
    Lost in YA Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, same here I wouldn't give up reading I'd probably find something else I like. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for the "no villain" answer! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Im a new follower and email subscriber of yours :)

    My FF- Book Briefs

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please don’t be shocked but this week I’ve got a straightforward, cut and dried answer to this week’s question... for a change!

    Root for villains? No way, no how. Why am I being so narrow minded? Follow me back to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank God it’s Follow Friday!

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.inthestory.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divergent would be an amazing movie! You're so right! New follower :) Happy weekend!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower passing through, brain fart i know what you mean i had to think about it before i choose evermore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a follower!
    I hope you will stop by The Writers Voice! It is my new group author blog and posts start tomorrow!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://OurBooksOurVoice.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower here :) Also, the movie rights to Divergent have been bought by Summit, so it might not be too long before we see it on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, don't worry, Trish -- I was the exact same way! My brain has this tendency to "dumb out" on me whenever I try to come up with an answer on the spot, but only for the silliest things! x)

    Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have an awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! I love your writing voice :) I'm now following you via bloglovin'. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Jfeldt

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey! i'm a follower here! i'm spreading the word about Teen Shiver, a new group of YA authors that have combined together! stop by the Teen Shiver blog and follow us?? :)

    http://teenshiver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete