Friday, September 30, 2011

Follow Friday, TGIF, & Book Blogger Hop

Happy Friday!
I'm happy Friday's here - I REALLY needed a payday.
Are you ready to hop?

Link-up HERE w/Parajunkee
Q: What Book That hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?


I would LOVE to see Divergent by Veronica Roth be made into a movie (last time I mentioned this someone told me the movie rights were already purchased for this movie - so I'm excited!). I don't care who plays Tris ... as long as it's done well! 

Blood Red Road by Moira Young is another one I'd like to see on the big screen.
This would make an awesome movie so much action, gritty and a tiny bit of love.  I'm ready to buy my ticket now!  Again, with is one, I don't care who plays Saba as long as she's AWESOME!

UPDATE: I just googled this and it is in development for a movie 2014. Hoorray! 

Link-up HERE w/Jen
Q: In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite "banned or frequently challenged book"?"

There are SO many good books on this list.
My favorites (yes plural because I couldn't pick just one):
I really enjoyed Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. This was one book that I wanted MORE when I finished it. I LOVED the characters and the story and I was really entertained!
(too bad the movie SUCKED)!


C'mon. These books are AMAZING! This is an obvious choice for me as a favorite on this banned list. I recommend it to everyone AND if I were a re-reader of books I would totally pick this book up again & again!

Link-up HERE w/Ginger


Q: Banned Books: How do you feel about the censorship of the freedom to read? Do you think the education system needs to be more strict on what children are exposed to in books?

This can be a bit of a tricky question for me because I don't have my own children - and how I feel as a non-parent may change one day if/when I have kids. But a lot of the books that are banned on the list are banned/challenged for reasons that left me saying "WTF?!".

For example: The Hunger Games gave someone's kid nightmares and may numb others to violence. My Reaction: maybe your 11 year old child shouldn't be reading The Hunger Games yet. And in regards of numbing children to violence .... have parent seen the stuff on television these days?!

I think the parents should decide if certain books are age appropriate for their children or not before deciding the book should be banned/challenged for other children that are mature and/or interested in reading that same book.

To Kill a Mockingbird is on this list -- I mean ... Really?! I read this book in school. I liked it then just as much as I like it now.

Anyhoo - Thanks for Hopping by!
Enjoy your weekend~
~Trish

22 comments:

  1. Heey
    I agree with you that if anyone then parents should be decide about the books their kids read!! Hop on over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-and-book-blogger-hop.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices for banned books! And movie! I loved Divergent! Old follower!

    My Hop and FF: Mom Reads My Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see Divergent on the big screen! Blood Red Road would also be very interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I totally agree with you on that it's up to parents to decide when kids should read which books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely can't wait to see Divergent as a movie - I wonder how they'll do all the bits of Chicago! I would totally sneak over to the sets while they're doing it.

    Rywn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent would be so interesting as a movie! I'd love to watch that one if they do it right.

    And I loved The Hunger Games too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you - it's the parents' place to decide what books their children should read. Not one parent for the whole school or a teacher or a librarian!

    I can't wait to see Divergent on the movie screen. I haven't read Blood Red Road yet, but that one seems completely cinematic too.

    I'm a new follower and my FF is over here if you'd like to stop by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if I haven't read either of these, Dystopian movies would rock my world! :)

    Amy's FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, Love the classics still on the banned book list. Half the time I wanna say to the parents: do you not remember reading that yourself in high school?! have you been hating on the book since 10th grade english? lol. People kill me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you about the banned books. Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Divergent and Blood Red Road are going to both be great movies! I didn't know they were both possible upcoming movies!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's cool that one of your choices is being made into a movie! Awesome!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely agree about both of these! I love these books so much! Moira Young is going to be in town in a couple weeks so I'm super excited to meet her :) Awesome choices!
    Old follower :)

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agh! I wish I had remembered Divergent too! I've been re-reading it lately as well, I don't know HOW I bloody forgot about it!

    New follower, lovie love! <3 Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I like the TGIF answer. Thanks for stopping by; I've seen so much about The Hunger Games on book blogs in the last two or so months that I am going to have to read it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Water for Elephants is one of the books on "I feel like everyone has read it but me list" that I posted a few weeks ago. I bought it, but have not gotten around to reading it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We both picked Divergent, it is such as awesome book. I haven't read Blood Red Road yet. Old follwer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just dropping by for the blog hop. I've heard good things about The Hunger Games, maybe I'll have to check that series out.

    My Answer

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there trish,

    New follower:D

    Divergent would be great . I have Blood Red Road here to read but haven't as yet read it, shoudl find a slither of time to slot it in sooner than later:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopping through. I wonder why Water for Elephants was banned? Seems silly since it's technically not a book for kids anyway.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally agree about both your book picks. I love The Hunger Games and Water for Elephants was amazing. Like you, I wasn't particularly pleased with the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read Blood Red Road yet. I can't decide if I really want to or not. However, I do find when I put a book off because I am afraid I won't like it...I usually love it.

    New follower.

    ~Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete