Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting My Hook On {2} - WIPs

Hello!

Thanks to Sidne inquiring about my Star Afghan -- I'd thought I'd do a post updating you on all my WIPS.

I've been doing quite a bit of crochet lately.
I have a couple different projects currently in the making and 
my pattern Queue is constantly growing 
(it's almost as long as my TBR pile!).
PROJECT #1
Mosaic Star Afghan
(100% complete ...ish)

So, I THINK I'm done with my Afghan:



I say I think I'm done with this Afghan -- because I'm not sure if I'm happy with the size of it.
It measures about 55 inches from point-to-point but I'm not sure if I want it to be bigger or if I should just leave it as it is.
For now, I'm going to leave it as is.
What do you think?


PROJECT #2
Granny Square Blanket
(60% complete ...ish)

My Granny Squares project.
This badboy is going to take me forever! 

In my last WIP post - I was just finishing up my 100+ Mini Grannys.
Let me just say now -- THAT was the easy part.


Here's the update:





I laid out all the squares in the pattern I want them connected in.
And NOW I have to do the hardest part...connecting them. Ugh.
I should've thought this through before I started this project (LOL).
Here's where I am so far:





So that's that {so far} for this blanket.


PROJECT #3
Float Away - Scarf
(50% complete)

Pattern {via}
Scarf #3 for my Mama. She's put in her request some time ago (after "losing" her last one)
I'm just now getting to it.
I only have about 4 rows completed:

I have to say I HATE making black scarves. I'd rather make something bright and colorful - but since this is for my Mama I will bend my rule. Just this time - BUT I added my own little twist. I'm using Shimmery Yarn. Can you see the little shimmers in the photo?



QUEUE #1
Round Ripple Afghan

{Pattern}
I ADORE this blanket. I can't wait to make it.
I already plan on making two of these -- One for ME :) and one as a gift for my friend.

Well. That's my update so far!
What do you think? Do you like? Dislike? Have any suggestions/ideas?

What are you making? What are your WIPS? 

~Trish

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm really impressed. How long do these projects take you? I don't think I sit still long enough to do these (well I sit still at work, but only because I have to).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently on my very first crocheting project. I'm making a scarf. It's not perfect (you can definitely tell on the ends where my tension has been off and what not) and I made it too wide so I think it's gonna end up being more of a pashmina ha! And I've been crocheting it too tightly so I'm going through yarn like there's no tomorrow! BUT I'm REALLY enjoying it and I'm learning a lot. I think I might try to make my mom a scarf for Christmas. I guess we'll see how this one turns out first though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really into crochet but I love knitting. I always think about giving crochet another shot but meh.

    I love the afghan; it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are SO pretty! I've never tried to crochet, but it looks really complicated. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete