Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Devil in the White City ...

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm doing my tease on:

by Erik Larson

"Now Holmes asked Ned if he would go inside and try shouting, so that Holmes could hear for himself how little sound escaped. Ned did so but got back out the instant Holmes reopened the door. "I didn't like that kind of business," he said.
Why anyone would even want a soundproof vault was a question that apparently did not occur to him."
pg 102
Creepy right?! Sorry for the repeat book tease. I haven't had time to finish this book yet! You can check out my first tease HERE.

Stitch enjoying my book
Happy Reading!
Trish

17 comments:

  1. Hope you are enjoying this. I loved it and so did everyone I know. It does take a while to get through though, but well worth it!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I'll be watching to see what you think of this book. Thanks for visiting my teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O that's good stuff and a good question. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im new to this meme, and Im loving it already! Come see my teasers at http://samsawesomness.blogspot.com/

    NEW FOLLOWER

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good read! Any book with a character named 'holmes' becomes immediately more intriguing imo:) Thanks for sharing and I'm so glad to have found your blog! new follower here:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very creepy, just the way i like them. :)

    My TT:
    http://bookhuntermm.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why anyone would want a soundproof vault, indeed... funny teaser. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book...it is worth the read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to read this. Fantastic teaser! Your cat is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this one, but you got my attention with this teaser. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing and stopping by mine!

    http://creativedeeds.wordress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that teaser! Thanks for stopping by my TT today :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha!! That is creepy. I didn't remember that at all. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my TT for this week.  Come give it a looky if you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds creepy but great! I have heard about this book, nice teaser! And love the cat picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! A sound proof vault does sound creepy! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete