Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Thirteen Reasons Why

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser comes from my newest read:

By 
Jay Asher

"I hope you're ready, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to these tapes, you're one of the reasons why."
pg 7

I don't know about you -- but THAT part right there -- grabbed me and pulled me into the story. I'm super excited to read this book!

Have you read this? 
Is it on your TBR pile?
What do you think about this book/tease? 
Like it? Love it? Hate it?
Let me know!

~Trish

21 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser! I might check this book out :)
    Here's mine: http://booksbiscuitsandtea.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-1.html

    I found you on Should Be Reading, I'm following you now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read this book, but that teaser makes me want to! You're right, that line sucks you right in. Great teaser!

    *New Follower*

    ~Keely
    Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad teaser! I've been wanting to read this book for a while now. Now I've read your teaser, I want to read it even more.
    My TT:
    http://thesagacityquest.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I agree with you about that line pulling you into the story. Now I'm super curious! o: Hahah, this is going up on the WL and you're the one to blame. ;) Well, not that it's a bad thing! Poor pile will tip over soon. Lol.

    My teaser is from a book I absolutely loved; Divergent! Click to be teased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I should let you know you got a new follower as well! You have a real nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I haven’t had the chance to read this one yet, but it’s definitely being moved up on my TBR list! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....consider me teased. That does pull you right in! Thanks for visiting my TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book! :)
    Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this book some time back and although I didn't love it as much as so many others did I do believe its a book worth reading. Hope you like it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. That is an amazing hook. Makes me want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser. I've read it and I'm with you, it was one of the lines that pulled me into the story. There are so many more that will keep you hooked. It was an amazing story to me. It's one I want to re-read and I don't really re-read. Enjoy your reading this week.

    Here is my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My eyebrows went sky high. This is quite a teaser.

    Here's my TT.  You know you wanna read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! That's a deep teaser! Here's mine: http://sheenathebookgeek.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays-3-to-be-slave-by-julius.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book has been sitting on my shelf for a while...I am a bit afraid to read it to be honest.

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a really intense book. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't heard of that one, but that is a pretty powerful teaser! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well MY interest has been piqued! haha. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  18. well that's the mother of all teasers!! Awesome!
    Hope you have an awesome day and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your teaser! I understand why it pulled you into the story.. I might do the same thing! =)

    Have a lovely day!

    xoxo,
    April @ Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete