Thursday, October 13, 2011

Booking Through Thursday : Sequel

Booking Through Thursday: A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.

Q: If you could get a sequel for any book, what would it be?

I personally like books that have sequels and/or are parts of a series -- especially if I like the characters, I want more of the story and if I enjoy the author's writing style -- I will EAT up the books!

But I have to say: if the first book is not well-written, interesting and/or entertaining I will not pick up the second book
 (*cough* The Uglies *cough*). 

A couple books I'm waiting for the second book of the series to come out:


I had a dream I was reading Insurgent.
I swear! 
And I didn't want to wake up -- that's how excited I am for that book.

If YOU could get a sequel for any book...what would it be?
~Trish

6 comments:

  1. I '''hate''' waiting for the next book in a series, lol. Divergent sounds really good though.

    Here's my BTT - House Millar series

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my challenge book list for 2012. so I will see if I feel the same.
    mine at http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is difficult for a good book to have a good sequel. I do read some series, but after a few of those books, it just seems like repeating the same story, but with different names. So I stop reading the series, so I suppose I like a good stand alone book best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you on Divergent! I can't wait to read Insurgent!!! :)

    Here is mine: http://middlebrainedcanvas.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday-101311.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read Divergent, sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really admire you for all the reading you do!! I cannot keep up with books for some reason, but I love that you can.

    Hey, I am having a blogger swap for people with lists (like 101 in 1001 and 30 before 30). I know you have a 101 in 1001 list and wanted to see if you'd be interested?! Check it out and let me know! http://hollyjean331.blogspot.com/2011/10/101-in-1001-challenge-swap.html

    Thanks, have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete