Thursday, October 20, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Vacation

Booking Through Thursday: A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.


Do your reading habits change when you're on vacation?
Do you read more?
Do you indulge in lighter, fluffier book than you usually read?
Do you save up special books so you'll be able to spend real vacation time with them? Or do you just read the same old stuff, vacation or not?

Vacation? What's that? That word/concept is just so unfamiliar to me.
JK. But I haven't had a vacation in a loooooong while. 
But, when I do vacation my reading habits do change -- I read more. 
Books on vacation are a must! My packing essentials: underwear, toothbrush, deodorant and books.
I almost always forget to pack pajamas .... but I always remember to pack books.

I usually just read whatever is in my TBR pile. Most of the books I read are light and fluffy so it doesn't take much mental power and I can really enjoy them while I'm relaxing. 

If I had a chance to go on vacation ... here are a couple ideal places I'd like to be reading a book on vacation riiiiiiiight now:

{via}

{via}

 ~Trish

14 comments:

  1. It's a gray day here, so I'm kind of drooling at your beach pix!
    Here's my answer! Vacation reading, and reading faster than my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. asdfghjhgf. the first photo. Can we just .... go there right now? :D Haha, anyway, I agree - I usually read something light when I'm on holiday.

    Here's my BTT post for this week.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hammock is going to be the daydream to the rest of my day!

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this question - I read light and fluffy books on vacation - and I take extra unless I KNOW I'm going to enjoy the book. Nothing worse than just taking 1 book, and it turns out you don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tanya, very good point! Also why ereaders are so nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inviting pictures.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could read more on vacation, but we're usually too busy (and my husband doesn't read). I definitely read more at home. Though, the last time we went on vacation, I took 3 books and came back with 11. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how pj's are forgotten but not books, lol, love that response.

    My BTT

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday-reading-habits.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my vacations...I live for my vacations. LOL I love having a Nook so I can carry as many books as I want with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to go to those places too.... they look so relaxing. Thanks for stopping by Middle Brained Canvas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. After seeing those pictures I feel like going on vacation. They look like the perfect spots to relax and read a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ALWAYS forget pajamas haha. I always end up just wearing a shirt and hide under my bed! Or steal some from my mom if she's with me!

    Heres Mine! I just really started my blog so its my first one :)
    http://theevangelinelily.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I do go on vacation I pick a book out from the TBR file. Sometimes, I get to read during lull days of the vacation but most of times, when you're out checking places from sun up to sun down you only have energy to change to bed clothes. lolz. But yeah, usually from my TBR file and then come home with five or more books to add in the pile. '☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures! I'd love to go stay there and read for a while.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    ~ Claire @ Project to be Read

    ReplyDelete