Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - City of Bones

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Short Tale:
My favorite book store closed (Borders)
and...
sadly...
I'm too broke for Amazon.

So...I ventured to the library.
ANNNND I got some books.

And I must admit -- it felt GLORIOUS to scan all the books
and leave with a pile of books - for FREE! 

I totally take the library for granted.

Anyhoo - my tease today comes from a book I've been super eager to read.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1)
By 
Cassandra Clare

"The door blew outward, knocking her off her feet. She skidded across the hallway floor and slammed into the wall, rolling onto her stomach. There was a dull roaring in her ears as she pulled herself up to her knees."

page 90

You want more don't you?
I know you do! 
Or if you read this already then I bet you'll want to read it again!
BUT...
You'll have to wait until I return it to my library in 3 weeks!
Get on the HOLD list. I'm thinking you'll want to read this one!

~Trish

18 comments:

  1. Intense teaser! Here is mine: http://beyondstrangenewwords.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite series of all time, I hope you enjoy and I wish I could read it again for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O that's good stuff! Great teaser. Sounds like she is in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want more! Haha :D It sounds very interesting, thanks for sharing :)

    Here's mine: http://booksbiscuitsandtea.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn, that must of been some type of door swing. she skidded across the floor and then slammed into a wall, OUCH!!
    see mine at http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY libraries! Everything is FREE! Glad you discovered this excellent local resource. :) With a little patience, your local can get you really just about ANYTHING under the sun; very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book gets such great reviews. I may have to make a trip to the library myself. I totally get what you are saying about taking the library for granted.
    Great choices for teasers.

    Cheers,
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I loved this book and the rest of the series! I need to get back and read the spin-off ASAP! I wish our library had a better selection of English books. :/ I'm glad you found a pile to bring home!

    My teaser from Brightest Kind of Darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear so many good things about this series! Can't wait to read it.

    http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked this book. I haven't read the others in the series yet, but I did read the prequel, Clockwork Angel, and I think I'm liking that series better! Thanks for visiting my teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you rediscovered the library. It's one of my favorite places to hang out! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved City of Bones - and book 3 is even better I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this series! Awesome teaser :) This book is so good!! I hope you enjoy the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trish, how did the marathon go? I hope i have the date correct, I don't know why I'm thinking last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't read this book but you seem to be enjoying it. Interesting teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Teaser!! Not something I would want to experience!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a phenomenal book and it only gets better! Great series. I love Jace, I would take him home any day!

    ReplyDelete