Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Teaser Tuesday ::: City of Bones {2}

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My tease comes from:
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1)
By 
Cassandra Clare

You may remember (you may not) but I did a tease from this book a couple weeks ago but before I gave my tease I went on a whole rant on how FANTASTICAL and MAGICAL the library was. I had just gone and picked up a stack of books from the library and skipped my way home with City of Bones -- FOR FREE! 
BUT 
A couple weeks later...I still haven't finished the book {HEY! I've been busy doing other things...ya know?!} and I get an email alert telling me the book is due back. REALLY?  So unfair. That means I have a couple days to finish up the book and take it back before they start charging me those dang late fees.  
I'm really enjoying this book when I have time to read -- so here's your tease that I hope you like too:

"Her words were cut short by a bloodcurdling scream. Clary whirled. Raphael. He was gone, no marks in the dust showing where he might have walked-or been dragged."
pg 269

SPPPPOOOOKKKIIIEEEE. What the hell happened to Raphael?! 
Yea. I don't know either.
I haven't finished the book.
Duh - I just said that.

What do you think happened to Raphael?
OR do you already know what happened to him?

~Trish

14 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I definitely need to check this one out again - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays-awake-at-dawn-by-c-c.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what happened to him, but you'll have to keep reading! Thanks for visiting my teaser today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know! :) I read this a few weeks ago.. And LOVED it! Now I can't wait to get to book 2.

    Kristy @ Dreamingbyday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading Clockwork Angle, the first in the series. I read someone's teaser and decided I needed to read it. Like you I got it from the library and need to finish before it is due. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome series!! I hope you like it! Great teaser :)

    My Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so in love with this series! You're teaser is like the ultimate cliffhanger too. I hope you get to finish this book in time before the late fees start. It really is worth it!

    Here's my teaser

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...he must have been grabbed from above!!! Maybe one day I will get around to this series!!

    My Teaser

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trish. I haven't started this series. Nice teaser.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! I agree, very spooky! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping through!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Late fees are a bummer. That's the one thing I dislike about the library, because I'm so forgetful and eventually end up owing a lot of money to the library. Oh well.
    Anyways, really good teaser. :) I loved the Mortal Instruments series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. UGH I need to read this series. lol. No fair teasing, now I want to read it even more!

    http://letthemreadbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-guest-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser.

    I actually don't mind paying library fees too much. I should probably donate more to our local library than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this book!
    I hate it when I get a HUGE stack of library books, think I'm doing well at reading through them, then BAM the email alerts start coming in about late fees! ;)

    ReplyDelete