Friday, December 2, 2011

Follow Friday ::: Pet Peeeeeeeves



Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it! 


MY biggest pet peeve is when you're really REALLY into a book and into the characters and stories and events and then suddenly the author does something stoooopid with the characters. Like making two potential love interest -- brother and sister (esp when those two characters have kissed and are OBVIOUSLY attracted to each other) and/or when characters pick stupid baby names like Renesmee. That drives me crazy! Makes me feel like my hopes were built up for nothing! 

What is your pet peeve when it comes to books?

~Trish

11 comments:

  1. What about names like EdwardJacob (EJ?) teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a bad name, but usually names don't bother me too much in books.

    Old Follower
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we think one way and the authors other and it's crazy.

    Hopping back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated the Renesmee moment! I rolled my eyes (no joke). Glad to know I'm not alone in that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trish, Hope all is going well with you this friday.i must on my book pet peeve. stop by i hope to have it written by then.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello i'm an old follower, have a great weekend!!

    http://kcs-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! I agree, Renesmee is just horrible. And shortening it to Nessie? That's the nickname of the Loch Ness Monster in the UK! New follower.

    http:\\elizabethbaxter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that really got to me too! I thought that one of the worst things to do. One of my biggest pet peeves, and I've been seeing it more lately, is having an idiotic/shallow protagonist just stumble into trouble and then blunder around to survive while other characters do the real work. I'm sure they're lovable and funny, but I prefer my protagonists smart and capable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate stupid names! Not always just baby names, but main character names as well. If they have a name that I can't take seriously, it makes me want to push the book back on my TBR list, even if all I hear are good things about it!

    Great blog! New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha I know which series you're talking about! :P I agree too it was really icky!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete