Friday, December 9, 2011

Follow Friday & TGIF

Helllllo Friday! And Hello to you!
TGIF -- Seriously!
I'm exhausted! Can't wait until it's all said & done and I can crawl back into bed and sleeeeeep!

Link-up HERE w/Alison

Q: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your friends and family?




Hmmm....I would give everyone a copy of:
{via}
Seriously.

It's a life changer.  
JK... Kinda. 
It's a very cute story and a GREAT gift for people who are going through a new phase/chapter in life. 

You can get the Pop-Up version for the friends and family you REALLY love.

I received my copy when I graduated (I can't remember if I got it when I graduated high school or when I graduated college).  It's something I treasure.

Link-up HERE w/Ginger
Q: Book to Movie: Which book turn movie do you feel did the best adaptation? What about the worst? 

Well -- the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.  
So I'm only going to focus on two of the WORST book to movie adaptations:

{via}

The Other Boleyn Girl.

I LOVEDDDDDDD the book. Amazingly interesting and just plain good.

The movie == CRAP.

I demand a remake! The movie does not do the book ANY justice.


{via}

Water for Elephants.

Another book I adored. When I finished the book I wanted more.

When I finished the movie I wanted to scratch my eyes out. 

They changed too much from the book to the movie AND I did not enjoy any of it! 





What book to movie adaptation do you think is THE worse?
Is it more horrible than the two I picked?
AND
Tell me -- which book would you gift to your friends and family? 
Christmas is just 2 weeks away -- so maybe I'll steal borrow your idea.

Let me know!

~Trish

20 comments:

  1. Yes, Dr. Suess for everyone!

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read or viewed Water For Elephants, and I have both the book and the DVD just waiting for me.

    I would give everyone On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. It's fantastic.

    New Follower!
    Sandra
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned - and clearly I'm going to stay away from your "Worst Picks"! I picked a Harry Potter for my worst - the Deathly Hallows Pt (1).

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower!

    Great post! Dr. Seuss is an all time classic!

    Happy Friday and check out my follow Friday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. DR. Seus is always a great gift! No matter what age! Awesome pick!
    Happy #FF (new follower) and Happy Reading!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I bought that Dr. Suess book for graduation and had everyone sign al throughout...I love it! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Considering the cast of The Other Boleyn Girl, you'd think it would turn out good. But it didn't. I did love the book though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Haven't read those books or seen the movies, so can't make an opinion of them. It does seem like most book to movie adaptations don't do well, but that's just us readers' opinions!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trish. Dr. Seuss is a wonderful gifting choice. Old follower hopping through.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so not a Dr. Suess fan but the book sounds great. going to look it up.
    http://sidnereviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, man! You nailed it with Dr. Suess's Oh the Places...!!! I wasn't even thinking that direction ~ way to break the mold!! And I like Jessica's idea that she had it at graduation and had everyone sign it!

    I'm a new follower; thanks a ton for visiting me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL- I didnt like Water for Ele's either. I think Reese did a terrible job with the character...:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. Oh the Places You'll Go is a cute book. Good for graduates.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Water for Elephants is one my my fav. books of all! <3

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dr. Seuss book is a must read! Awesome pick!
    New follower!
    http://www.thesagacityquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read anything by Dr. Seuss, but I know how famous his work is.
    I'm a new gfc follower.

    Happy Holidays! ;)

    notjustnonsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have an awesome Giveaway on our blog. Feel free to stop by and check it out =)

    http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/12/author-interview-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. You'll never disappoint with Dr. Seuss. :) Nor with the Harry Potter books, but I think most everyone has their own copies already!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I completely agree with you on those two movies! The books were great, but the movies were awful! Especially Water for Elephants, i mean, wtf? I think I fell asleep during The other boleyn girl, soooo it was obviously pretty bad!

    ReplyDelete