Thursday, January 19, 2012

The 5 Love Languages

Hello Hello!


So I HAVE to share this -- my goooood buddy Jenn @ Going the Distance told me about this assessment you can take called The 5 Love Languages {it's quick ... takes like 15-20 minutes ... it gives you pairs of statements that you have to pick the one you most agree with} that analyzes your emotional communication style. 


I thought my #1 language style would be Acts of Service and I'm REALLY surprised to find out that ... that it isn't quite my number one (it's close but almost doesn't count right?).  

Here are my results:
Your Score
10Words of Affirmation
3Quality Time
4Receiving Gifts
8Acts of Service
5Physical Touch










After I picked myself up off the ground I realized this IS true for me:

Words of Affirmation
Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important–hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.
ESPECIALLY true is that last line. I may have forgotten what I had for dinner yesterday but I can remember an insult from years and years back -- particularly if it's from someone I love. 

Anyhoo...I found this assessment throughly interesting and amusing (in a good way!).

I may even check out the book -- 



What is YOUR love language? 

O - please share with me!!

Now I'm going to want to know everyone's results -- particularly my Beau's...

~Trish 

7 comments:

  1. I told you that I thought Words of affirmation would be it for you! Dang I know you so well! :) You already know mine, but I'll share with the "group" anyway. Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Gifts, Acts of Service. I totally agree with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David and I read this together a long time ago and it is awesome. I am words of affirmation and physical touch. And David is words of affirmation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things that make you say, 'HMMMM'. sounds interesting. must tell a friend about this one. will make for good book club activity too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great book! A must read! I'm glad you discovered it.

      Delete
  4. James and I took this awhile back during our engagement but I decided to retake it today. My no. 1 love language stayed the same: Words of Affirmation (a big ole 11) but my no. 2 changed: it's now quality time. SO TRUE! I'm glad you found this book, it's a really good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a tie between Quality Time and Physical Touch. Both those scored high while everything else was below 5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good read. A definite must. I would recommend this book to everyone because it shows how to deal all relationships, not just love relationships.

    regards,
    russel of Gift Baskets

    ReplyDelete