Thursday, January 12, 2012

BTT ::: INTERVIEW


Booking Through Thursday: A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.


1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
Any Time! Works out that I typically can get in some reading after work or before bed. But sometimes I like to sneak in a little read on my lunch break.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
No. I'm usually driving while eating breakfast or I'm at my desk at work eating breakfast.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
BACON! duh. 
4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
I'm not consistent with my hours per day reading. Last night I read for 4 hours. Tonight I may not read at all.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
10 years ago...2002...hmm. I'd guess that I read less because I was in college (I hardly even read the mandatory text book reading) 
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
No. I have to read eeevery word. And sometimes I have to re-read whole pages if I miss/or don't "get" something.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Um. I don't know because with great power comes great responsibility. 
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Yes! In my purse! 
9. What KIND of book?
Depends on what I'm in the mood for. Right now it's Vampire Academy.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
oooh. I don't know. it was high school. I use to walk down to the library and spend hours in the poetry section.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
I have some Nancy Drew books from my Stepmom -- which were her copies when she was a kid. 
12. Do you read in bed?
Yes. Ask me how many times I've fallen asleep with a book in my hand {or had a book fall on my face from holding it up and drifting off}
13. Do you write in your books?
I use to - mainly definitions to words. If I came across a word I didn't know I would look it up in the dictionary and write the meaning right in the book.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Be open to new genres and authors. You'll NEVER know what you'll like and/or what will speak to you.

How's that?! Did you read all 14 answers?
What's one interview question you would ask me?

~Trish

7 comments:

  1. I read all 14...and my last question is...How much do you love me? That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your advice response...I think it's important for all readers to be open, not just new ones. I notice that sometimes all of us read specific genres over and over...and never seem to move beyond. I guess reading challenges have been helping me expand my horizons a bit; plus, being tempted by what other bloggers are reading.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY BTT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed reading your answers.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/booking-through-thursday_12.html

      Delete
  3. Whoaaa! You can drive and eat that the same time? For me, that's impressive. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I love your answer to number 7 made me laugh out loud at work haha. Thanks for stopping by!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting answers! I agree with your answer about superpower. Here is my BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers! I laughed at number 7 too. My question: How are you enjoying Vampire Academy?

    ReplyDelete