Monday, March 26, 2012

African Flowers

Howdy!
Did you have a nice weekend?

I wanted to share with you a project I've been working on as of late {my wool-eater is on temporary hold. I have 2 more rounds to go -- but I really haven't felt like working on it lately}. 
African Flowers!!!! 
get the tutorial here
I actually started this project July 2010 and put it down.
I picked it up again after seeing so many hexagons on Pinterest and Flickr. I got motivated to work on mine again.

I picked some nice springy colors:

The pink looks much brighter in this picture than what it actually is.

I've made a few flowers:

And I've decided to add another color:


I think the yellow will be a nice pop


I originally thought about lining all the hexagons in black - and I posted a blog about that and the feed back I got back was to line them in white. 

And I considered the white. I even unraveled all my black linings -- 
soooo
I've made the decision to not line them in any color. And to leave them as they are. I want this to look like a nice and fresh and springy blanket!

What do you think?

What are you working on?

~Trish

1 comment:

  1. They look lovely - I think you're right not to line them - they look just right as they are :) I know what you mean about the wooleater - I'm planning on doing about another 3 rounds but it's so big now and I can't cope with having it around me in this hot weather !! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete