Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Virtual Coffee


Good Morning {afternoon or evening -- depending on when you read this}!


It's been quite a while since I've linked up for Virtual Coffee with Amy at Lucky Number 13

Today, I'm just having a simple cup of joe with 4 cream and 4 Splenda. Yes. I like a little coffee in my milk! I like it sweet. Most people may find that gross - I find it yummy!

If we were really meeting for coffee today ...
I'd let you know that I'm excited for this link-up Jenn and I are talking about doing this Spring. My hope is people will link up with us and it'll grow into something big and something that people will look forward to doing. Would you like a hint of what it is - here you go -- A Happy Hour! Can you taste the happiness now?
If we were really meeting for coffee today ...
I keep going back and forth in my mind if I should redesign my blog. I love visiting other blogs that have nice large pictures and simple {but cute} designs. AND I want my own button. I just lack the skills do to it myself. And I don't know If I actually want to pay someone to design it for me.  I think my blog needs something. What do you think?


If we were really meeting for coffee today ...
I ordered these crochet hooks off of Etsy. And I LOVE the look of them - I'm just having a hard time using them. 
I don't have this set exactly but mine are made by the same gal.

It's like the hook part is too shallow and my yarn keeps slipping off. I don't know if it's user error or the hooks. I'm just going to blame the hooks. 
If we were really meeting for coffee today ...
Speaking of Etsy. I really want to make something and sell it on there -- just so I can say I did. I do think it would be kinda neat if I made some income off my hobby. I  go on that site to see what other crochet stuff is being sold and I cannot believe that people ask for $100, $200 I've even seen $500+ being asked for for a blanket.  That's just crazy to me BUUUUT if people are paying that...
If we were really meeting for coffee today ...
I would have to admit - I keep listening to this song over and over again:
For some reason I really like it. And I want to sing it all the time - loudly.
If we were really meeting for coffee today ...
You'd get up and walk away from me because I'm singing the above song...and embarrassing you!
Besides my cup is empty - and I'm ready to go!


Lastly, If we were really meeting for coffee today ...
What would you share with me?! Tell me something Juicy!

I hope you enjoyed your coffee.
I know I did!
~Trish

5 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed our morning coffee. You might have walked away from me as I love to sing loud too!!I really like your blog design but do you feel it reflects your personality? Also if you start selling on etsy, you may want to redesign it with that it mind i.e. so it compliments your etsy shop. I've an etsy shop - I've had a few sales not as many as I would have hoped for but then I'm in the UK and I'm sure the etsy market is bigger in the US. I know when I started I saw the price of patchwork quilts and thought wow but I haven't sold any quilts on there yet. I think there's just too much competition. By the way, I was going to buy one of those crochet hooks - glad I didn't - sounds like it's a design fault. Have a great week! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song! I haven't heard that one before, thanks for letting me know about it!

    I also want a blog redesign, but have no idea how to do it myself and don't really want to pay for it. And I also really want to start an Etsy shop (I sew), but I don't know what exactly I'd try and sell. Or how much I'd sell it for.

    Happy Hour sounds super fun - count me IN for your future link-up!

    -Jessica @ fantasticallyaverage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Virtual Coffee! I love that song but it makes me feel old :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't walk away from your singing...heck, I lived with it for 2 years! :)
    YAY for our link-up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cool hooks! If we were meeting for coffee today, I'd tell you it feels weird knowing my son will be two in one month. Do you see any wrinkles? What about gray hairs?

    ReplyDelete