Monday, April 16, 2012

Crochet Grocery Bag

Hello!

I don't know if any of you live near me in Maryland, but if you do you know that this county passed a stupid law to charge us $0.05 for every plastic bag you use whenever you go out shopping.

So that means if you go to the grocery story if you don't bring a bag or buy a bag you have to walk out with all your goods in your hands. Same goes for ANY shopping you do in the county. Clothes, Shoes,  Knick Knacks - heck even SUBWAY charges you for a bag.

and YES I get it's for the environment and blah blah blah. 
It's just annoying (what's even more annoying is that the county is projected to make 2 million dollars off these 5 cent bags in one year!!).

Anyhoo. ***stepping off my soap box now & taking a  deep breath***

I've made my own grocery bag :)


Not bad right?
 I'm thinking I'll make myself a couple, my mom a couple and maybe sell some to others.

What do you think? 
Maybe I can make my own small share and get some of that $2million my way.
Do you think people would buy bags like these?

~Trish

Can't take credit for the pattern -- got it from here.

7 comments:

  1. It looks like a great bag for fruits and things that need a soft surface to land! Im sure people would buy them. Especially if they are sturdy to hold heavier things! Well done, Trishy poo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome! I reuse plastic bags, so I don't buy them all the time, but this is so much more pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I know it's initially an inconvenience, I really love your county's intent. I am adamant about using reusable bags, and keep an arsenal in my car at all times.

    The bag is great! Pretty, and personal - and possibly lucrative. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's neat! I think it's much more fun than using tote bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't believe that's a for real law! When I went to Europe they charge $0.10 per bag, so I had to carry three bottles of wine for what seemed like 10+ blocks! (When they didn't give me a bag I asked for one, but they also wouldn't let me use my debit card for a transaction less than a dollar)

    Cute bag though!

    Elyse @ My Life With a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I visited Washington DC, they did that and I was not aware, I did not like that. Some stores also do that here in Michigan but not the whole county/state.

    ReplyDelete