Monday, April 9, 2012

Musing Mondays ::: 5 Books Every Woman Should Read

This week's musing {hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading}:
What do you think are the top 5 books every woman should read?

Ooh. this this is a good one! 
It's going to be hard to pick just 5 - and I know as soon as I make my list I'll think of a bunch more! But here are the first 5 that popped in my head:

#1
Vaginas: An Owner's Manual by Dr. Carol Livoti and Elizabeth Topp.

I read this book in college and 5+ years later I still think about it! It's a book written by a mother (OB/GYN) and daughter (writer) and it's filled with so much good information - and it's written in a really fun and entertaining way!


#2
Once you get your vagina in order - you need to get your wallet in order. SURE I would've loved to include a woman financial planner - buuut I can't. I'm not a fan of Suze Orman - I tried. I really did. But Dave Ramsey is SO much better (in my humble opinion). THIS book: The Total Money Makeover is a must! This one is filled with success stories (that motivate and inspire you) AND budgets. Pick the budget plan that works for you and get going! This book has really helped me!

#3
Any book by Jodi Picoult. I've enjoyed every book of hers that I've picked up. My favorites are The Pact, and My Sister's Keeper






#4
As a woman - you HAVE to read a book (any book) by Zane.
They are HOT, STEAMY and oh so entertaining! 
Zane writes erotic fiction.
That's all I'll say about that! 
go read one.




#5

and lastly, I would recommend any book - to any woman that will help them relax, that will entertain, that will amuse and maybe even help better themselves. Just read sumthing! 

What would you recommend?

~Trish

13 comments:

  1. I've never read any of those books, but perhaps I should pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said...my wishlist is growing :) Great MM and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading and might have to check a few of these out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, no five books in my answer. actually, my answer took a different, ok, slightly adversarial, direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read any of those books, but I might pick up the money one! Always a good thing to read about!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE your suggestions! I am definitely adding these to my TBR list - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays-to-z-challenge-h-heroes.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Totoal Money Makeover is an Awesome book. I will have to check out the Vagina book.

    I am reading the Hunger Games Trilogy so I would recommend those at this moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the Picoult books--she's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices - I should take a look at some of them!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read #2. I have not read Zane, but I think I would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not read any of those books, but I laughed at the first one. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Dave Ramsey and The Total Money Makeover. Changed our life and financial future. A must read and/or a must attend the classes. I've also read a few of the Jodi Picoult books and they are very good and draw you in as a reader.

    ReplyDelete