Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday ::: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.

My tease today is from:
{via}


"She filled her bathtub, lowered herself into the warm water, and spread her legs. With the door closed to her children, husband and cousins, Henrietta slid a finger inside herself and rubbed it across her cervix until she found what she somehow knew she'd find: a hard lump, deep inside, as though someone had lodged a marble just to the left of the opening to her womb."

Can you imagine?
Have you read this book - or is it in your TBR pile?
What are your thoughts?!

~Trish

9 comments:

  1. Oh, my, that sounds like a tale that's going to some sad places....

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by my teaser. New follower. I have never heard of this book or author before. It sounds like an amazing but an awfully sad story!! I usually stay away from sad books without a happy ending!! I like romances with HEA and Hot Heroes!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. The author holds nothing back. I've not heard of this one. I'll be interested in your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Lord, this story is going to have me in tears for sure! Excellent teaser - it worked on me. I'm adding this book to my to-read list. Please check out my Teaser Tuesday Post .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read it and I thought it was an excellent book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. umm, wow... that's a curious teaser there... hope you are enjoying the book. Thanks for stopping by my TT, Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! That's not where I thought that was going. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read a summary of this book in a magazine and I thought wow that is interesting, but it did not make me want to read it. Your teaser makes me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete