Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thirsty Thursday ::: Virtual Happy Hour

Hello & Welcome to the 2nd Thirsty Thursday!
 Happy Hour Link-up hosted by myself and the LOVELY Jenn!



This is a place where you can share your favorite drinks, your favorite stories, meet some new people AND reconnect with familiar faces.

Ready for Happy Hour?! 
I mean - it's 5 o'clock somewhere - right?!


{photo and recipe via}
Strawberry Basil Sangria
½ lb of fresh strawberries
1 apple
1 ounce of fresh whole basil leaves
1 bottle of Cline Cellar's Cool Climate Chardonnay
½ cup organic sugar
1 cup of club soda
1 cup of white grape juice

Visit HERE to see the next steps of making this yummy looking drink!



Now that I have my adult beverage:
What's on your mind today?
I have to tell you - it's been one exhausting week so far! I was at work early and left late monday and tuesday working on ads. I felt a TON of relief on tuesday when I finally finished. now...I just have to wait and see if I screwed up anything (my clients will DEFINITELY let me know if I messed up their stuff)  UPDATE: so far 2 complaints.


Speaking of work -- I got some news yesterday that's kindasortamaybeprobably is going to change my world.

so I'm starting to see that i'm the person that shows up to HH and eats everyone's food and not contribute money to their bills. i wonder if anyone else notices this. LOL. I should stop doing that and/or give money for the food I eat before people start to notice.

Question: do people REALLY love their husbands as much as they blog that they do? like every blog I read the girls go "and of course I love this guy" ... and it's cute ... the first time - buuut every week? I'm starting to think it's an act. but maybe I'm wrong. maybe i'm just a hater.

I have my first YPN (young professionals network) HH next week at The Melting Pot. Should be interesting. Hopefully people show up! I'll be maning the name tag table. I'm just way too cool.

so anyhoo...
What are YOU drinking today?
Link-up below!


6 comments:

  1. That drink looks amazing!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, you make me laugh with your question about bloggers blogging about loving their husbands. I have a husband... and yeah, I love him (duh, or else I wouldn't have married him!)... but that doesn't mean that I need to blog about it allllll the time. So I don't. I know what you mean, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that drink (and am pretty sure I have it pinned, too). I'm totally with you on the husband question--but you know this, we've talked about it haha. Love you, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing that sangria around & it sounds amazing! thanks for sharing :)

    oh, and about "loving husbands"... just take the blog enthusiasm, cut in half & then you'll have only a slight exaggeration from real life. I *like* my husband & try to share things I've learned about him, but I'm not a mushy person.

    I also don't put on FB every two seconds how amazing he is, like some people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome drink and what's this news?! I agree with Jessica. I love my husband, but I'm not going to blog about him. I want to blog to talk about all the things he doesn't want to talk with me about! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drink looks fantastic! Also, thanks for starting the link up, I'm flattered you like my layout enough to use it, YAY new blog friends!

    ReplyDelete