Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thirsty Thursday

Hello!
Welcome to Thirsty Thursday!

This is the FIRST EVER Happy Hour Link-up hosted by myself and the LOVELY Jenn!



This is a place where you can share your favorite drinks, your favorite stories, meet some new people AND reconnect with familiar faces.

Today's drink for me: Kissing the {Girl} Punch
{photo and recipe via}


Ingredients
1.5L (52fl oz) champagne
180ml (6fl oz) cognac
1 tablespoon icing sugar
1 punnet strawberries
-Place strawberries into a chilled punch bowl and sprinkle sugar over strawberries. Add cognac and refrigerate for eight hours. Add champagne, stir gently and serve.

What's on your mind today?
Ready to chat?
First. I'll admit. This drink is called - Kissing The Bride Punch. But why wait until wedding day to enjoy a drink like this? I think it's a perfect drink to enjoy with your gal pals on any ol' regular day. Want to try some?

***
I'll have to B*%CH about the fact I have to pay out of pocket every time I go see the Physical Therapist. ESPECIALLY since I'm suppose to go 2x a week for 6 weeks. This is EASILY going to cost me $500+ dollars. it's so depressing. I had a whoopsie with my bank last week and now this. PLUS I need new brakes on my car not to mention all my other bills. When it rains...it pours huh?

***
The HOT weather has me day dreaming about the laying poolside this summer. I plan on taking some "ME" time/days off sporadically this year. I don't feel I got enough pool time last year so I'm making it a priority this year. Sunshine definitely helps me with my funky/mood 'tude I've been sporting this year. Am I the only one looking forward to reading/laying out/relaxing poolside?

***
so...I went to the crafts festival on sunday and I wanted to see two things: Crochet Stuff and Soy Candles. OF COURSE - neither were there. Does that mean I should start making soy candles and crochet products to sell -- or I wonder if people don't buy that stuff and that's why nobody at the crafts festival was selling it. You'd buy my stuff -- wouldn't you?

***

I'm feeling like people are saying things to me (and others) that I don't feel like need to be said. Does that make sense? Don't remind me to do something or tell me how to behave - I'm GROWN. and it annoys me when I see people do this to others. Is this just me?

***
lastly - who's excited about Britney being on X-Factor?! THIS GIRL! Yessir. I've never watched it before but I will now just so I can see how Britney is.

***
LOOK-My blanket is Sarah London's blog. I'm totally tickled by this. I SWEAT THIS BLOG. I want to make everything she makes. Like - I obsess over it. And to see her have MY blanket from her crochet-along - makes me happy! aw. the littleish things.

Anyhoo -
What's on your mind today?
Link-up below and tell us all about it!

~Trish

4 comments:

  1. First, that drink looks awesome! Make me some now :)
    Im sorry about your copays--that stinks! Yay for poolside! Take off a day and come lay out by my pool!! :)
    So excited for our link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would love that drink! As for your copays, wow, that sucks. I've been having one of those weeks too. Our lawnmower went bust, then our car, and now our weed whacker. And the car fried just because the little timing belt slipped. One belt! We have to buy a new car now. We're a one-income one-car family. It's rough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to link up! This is such a great idea! Hopefully I can get a post up before it's Friday! Late work night...UGH!

    Elyse @ My Life With a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that blanket! After clicking over and seeing it... I'd buy your crochet stuff. And your soy candles, too.

    ReplyDelete