Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Paris Wife ::: Tease & Mini Review


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.

How about a Tease AND a Mini Review?
C'mon. It'll be FUN :)

{via}


"There are men who love to be alone, but Ernest was not one of them. Solitude made him drink too much, and drinking kept him from sleeping, and not sleeping brought the bad voices and bad thoughts up from their depths, and then he drank more to try and silence them."

****

I hate long reviews - so this will be brief.

I felt something when I read this book (good and bad). 

I felt so much for Hadley. She truly loved Ernest more than she loved herself. Her whole world revolved around Ernest and Ernest's career and reading the story thru her eyes (well, her fictional point of view) made me ... want to know the story thru Ernest's eyes and figure out "What the heck was he thinking?!"

I enjoyed many parts of this book. The Story. Yes. But the parade of characters: F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Zelda Fitzgerald, Ezra Pound, Gertrude Stein, & others really intrigued me (esp F. Scott and his wife Zelda).

I would recommend this book to my friends. Easy. 
I thought it was a good read. An interesting read/story. And I did enjoy it. 

Just Note: As a "strong" female. Some of Hadley's actions will piss you off and make you want to cry as they did me. I don't want to give too much away if you don't already know the story of Ernest and Hadley.  But you'll want to shake her and tell her to "wake up!"

Just add it to your TBR pile
...but not at the top.
Maybe #5.


10 comments:

  1. I really must get around to reading this title one day - I keep seeing it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my TBR. Maybe I should move it up a bit.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this teaser. It says a lot about the character. Here's my Teaser

    Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, sounds like a great read. Thanks for the teaser too :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a dog chasing its tail....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting teaser. More so, your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is... a perfect teaser, really. I have this book on my TBR pile for awhile actually. It must be a very 'thought-provoking' book, yes? (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting teaser. He knows the problem, but it sounds as if he's stuck in the cycle. Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a vicious cycle isn't it....

    Thanks for stopping by my blog(:

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'The parade of characters' - such a good way of putting it. I was a bit undecided about this one; found both good and bad elements.

    My review: The Paris Wife by Paula McLain

    ReplyDelete