Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thirsty Thursday | Happy Hour -- LINK UP

Hello & Welcome to the 6th Thirsty Thursday!

Are you ready for a virtual buzz?!

 Happy Hour Link-up hosted by myself and the LOVELY Jenn!

This is a place where you can share your favorite drinks, your favorite stories, meet some new people AND reconnect with familiar faces.

I'm going Mad Men style with my drink this week: Tom Collins


INGREDIENTS
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1½ oz of gin
Lemon slices

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix sugar, gin, and juice over ice in mixing glass. Stir, strain in cocktail glass with ice, and top off with soda water. Garnish with lemon slices
.

photo & recipe via

So...What's on Your Mind Today?

Here's what is on mine:
FEAR & FAILURE.
So yesterday wrapped up my session for "How to Start a Successful Small Business" and my brain is mush. I would LOVE to have my own shop/business. But this environment isn't one that really promotes small businesses. Or allows small businesses to thrive. So I don't know. I don't want that to discourage me. But knowing that 7-8 small businesses fail within the first year. YIKES! I'm going to take some more classes. 



 
Vacation. 
Would you ever go on a vacation by yourself? Could you go on a cruise, or take an exotic trip by yourself? I'm just wondering if that's something people do. Normal people. Or is that weird? 


                                                                         MEAN Girls.
Apparently - I'm a mean girl. And this makes me laugh. Because I'm not mean...I'm just funny :). I was "asked" to be nice to the new girl. Seriously. It made me laugh. I'm not mean to her. I just don't engage in conversation with her. I have enough stuff going on at work.  Plus I don't like pet names and/or being talked to in the bathroom. The work bathroom is just for pooping and secrets. Not general conversations. 


Girl's Nite.
I need a lot of girl's nights. seriously. what a difference girl's nights can make. I going to a girl's night on saturday and I'm really looking forward to it! 


Anyhoo...
I've done enough chatting...What's on YOUR mind?
What's going on in your world?




Source: Uploaded by user via Erin on Pinterest
                                                    Link-up below!

5 comments:

  1. Your last pin about happy hour is what is on the flask my college girl gave me to get me through bath day with my elderly parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely intrigues by the idea of a solo trip - but I don't know if I'd have the guts to do it! And I feel you about conversations in the bathroom - I don't want to have a full-on chat with a coworker who just listened to me pee. It's awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have the opportunity to start a small business, do it. You're smart, creative, and determined. Also, if you have a chance to go on a vacation by yourself, do it! I've never had the chance to do so, but I would if I didn't have a kid.

    I have a drink for you this week. My husband cut out an article in our local paper for adult milkshakes. Perfect for the heat wave we're getting!

    Purple Velvet Milkshake
    1 cup of black raspberry ice cream
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
    2 ounces bourbon
    1 ounce Chambord liqueur
    Fresh blackberries
    Fresh mint leaves

    In a blender, combine both ice creams, the bourbon and Chambord, then blend until smooth. Divide between two glasses, garnish each with berries and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously contemplating taking a trip on my own! A friend of mine had a friend/co-worker did it and it sounded wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told Jen that I would participate next week ;) I don't drink, but I will try it out anyways! I could totally go on vacation by myself. I travel a decent amount and I always meet up with people, but I fly by myself, eat, shop and sometimes sight see. I would never let being "alone" hold me back!

    ReplyDelete