Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thirsty Thursday ::: Virtual Happy Hour

Hello & Welcome to the 3rd Thirsty Thursday!
 Happy Hour Link-up hosted by myself and the LOVELY Jenn!


This is a place where you can share your favorite drinks, your favorite stories, meet some new people AND reconnect with familiar faces.

My drink for today: Pomegranate Margaritas

  • 1 can(s) (12-ounce) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
  • 2 cup(s) water
  • 3 1/2 cup(s) gold tequila
  • 2 cup(s) pomegranate juice
  • 1 cup(s) triple sec
  • 5  limes
  • Ice cubes for serving
  • 1 cup(s) fresh pomegranate seeds
{photo and recipe + directions to this yum drink is found here)

What's on my mind today?
So glad you asked! If we were meeting for HH today here's what I'd be chatting about ...
...Post-Design Jacking!
Yup. I'm doing it. I LOVED how Bitz @ The Enthusiastic Bitz of Life set up her post last week for Thirsty Thursday. So I'm jacking her idea. BUT I'm giving her credit for an awesome idea. so Thank You Bitz! So many people have such awesome ideas on their blogs. I try to steal borrow them all :)

...Brakes!
"Pump Your Brakes!" I literally had to pump my brakes on Saturday. LOL.  
Troy D jacked up my car and changed my brakes and rotors in his driveway on a cold and rainy (AND there was some hail) over the past weekend. He even took the time to explain to me how to do it. which I appreciate and even kindasortamaybe understood what he was saying. And I appreciate him doing that! Even though he explained everything to me -- I just don't think I'll be the girl who changes her own brakes...hell I don't and won't even change my own tire.

...WORK!
How can you go to H.H. and not talk about work? My work life will be changing soon. Since 2006 I've been a sales rep selling specifically to Realtors, Builders and Mortgage folks. Starting next week that position is gone...my position is gone...BUT good news is -  I'm super lucky that my boss has another job for me. It's a bittersweet move. Hopefully the transition is easy and it wont be as scary as I'm anticipating it to be. 


                                        ...Funnies.
lately - work has been hilarious. Everyone is quite the comedian lately and I DIE! JUST DIE.
I would share some of the funnies. But it's really juvenile and I don't want ya'll to know how high school my sense of humor can be sometimes.

So anyhoo...
What are YOU drinking today?
&
What's on YOUR mind today?
Link-up below!

3 comments:

  1. Love having fun at work, and I know you're gonna do great in the new position!! You rock.
    Glad your brakes are working--that could have been trouble otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your new position! It sounds like you really enjoy the people you work with, so I'm glad to hear you get to stay with them even though you're switching jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic you lucked out with your work. Woo-hoo! Cheers to you! My husband always likes the drinks you come up with on here. :)

    ReplyDelete