Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thirsty Thursday - Virtual Happy - LINK UP

Hello & Welcome to the 7th Thirsty Thursday!
Are you ready for a virtual buzz?!
 Happy Hour Link-up hosted by myself and the LOVELY Jenn!

This is a place where you can share your favorite drinks, your favorite stories, meet some new people AND reconnect with familiar faces.

So yesterday was my birthday-birthday -- but I'm still celebrating! It's my birthday week! And in honor of my birthday -- here's my drink:
Birthday Cake Martini

For rim:
2 Tbsp nonpareils
1 Tbsp agave nectar

4-6 large ice cubes
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 oz Prairie Organic Vodka
1 oz amaretto
2 Tbsp vanilla bean syrup*
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk

To make rim, spread nonpareils out on a small plate. Coat the rim of the martini glass with the agave syrup by dipping it into it on a plate, then dip the agave coated rim into the sugar and set aside. In a martini shaker add the ice, vodka, amaretto, vanilla bean syrup, and coconut milk, and place top on shaker. Shake until well blended. Pour through a strainer into a chilled martini glass, and serve! 

Sounds good - right? - Sweet. I love sweet.

Anyhoo:
So...What's on Your Mind Today?
Here's what is on mine:
BIRTHDAYS!
Normally I'm a big STINKER when it comes to my birthday. This year is different. I'm...HAPPY. And I'm enjoying every moment of it. This has made me realize that I have some really AWESOME people in my life. 
Also I have to remember -- it's a gift to get old. Not everyone gets that. 

STOOPID GAMES {that I LOVE}!

Being that I'm officially damnnear30. I find it hi-liarously how easy I get addicted to these fun little games people create. I was stuck on restaurant story & bakery story. NOW I'm playing Dragon Story like there's no tomorrow. and. on top of that. I started playing Bejeweled again. Help Me! Do these games ever get old? Hopefully not. I may complain but I love them. 

CLIENTS:
So...have I ever told you about the time a client told me that "I was without a brain"? Yes. True Story. and on top of that he didn't think THAT was an insult (because I TOLD him I was insulted). Needless to say I was GLAD when his contract ended. Recently he called for pricing again. UH OH. I'm not looking forward to that. I've dealt with many people - and I'm good at my job. And I LIKE working with the different types of people I meet. But someone telling me I'm without a brain really rubbed me the WRONG way. And I'm not easily insulted.


Fatty McFatFat - VERDICT IS.
Ok. I'm not fat. but I've gained some weight. I asked the question in this post if I should exercise or buy new clothes. And I've finally made a decision -- and the decision is .... I BOUGHT NEW CLOTHES. Don't Judge me. I only got like a week's worth. So I'll have to work out eventually - or at least work out soon. But for now I'm going to enjoy all my FREE birthday meals and get ups and enjoy every bite of birthday cake! 

So.
What's on YOUR mind today?
Link-up below!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday again!!!! Your drink looks yummy! I'm glad you're having a better birthday experience than normal! :)
    Clients can be stupid--that guy is a jerk!
    LOVE YOUUUU!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday cake martini looks amazing! It's literally like a birthday cake in a glass!

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The martini looks really tasty & like a lot of fun to drink!
    Hope you're having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you had a wonderful birthday. And, oh, my husband will love that drink! He loves to eat the birthday cake ice cream too. Enjoy all your free meals and cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday cake martini?! Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday! I've given you The Stylish Blogger Award on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete