Thursday, June 21, 2012

Virtual Happy Hour -- THIRSTY THURSDAY - LINK UP

Hello & Welcome to the 9th Thirsty Thursday!
Are you ready for a virtual buzz?!
 Happy Hour Link-up hosted by myself and P!nky who is guest posting this week for the the LOVELY Jenn!

This is a place where you can share your favorite drinks, your favorite stories, meet some new people AND reconnect with familiar faces.

My Drink Today:  Whiskey Peach Smash

1/2 peach, cut into thick slices
3 or 4 fresh mint leaves
1 lemon wedge
1 ounce water
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 ounces whiskey
1 sprig mint
1 thin peach slice for garnish
Muddle all ingredients except whiskey in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and whiskey. Shake and strain into an ice-filled old fashioned glass and garnish with a peach slice and a sprig of mint.

Thirsty? Yeah. I know.

SOOO... What's on your mind today?


Here's what's on mine:
SUMMER
BLOGGING.

One of my favorite things about my blog is all the comments I get. But I'm noticing that the comments have been falling off. So I'm wondering -- is it me!?  
Are people tired of my blog?
OOORRR do people read less blogs in the summer? 


WORK.

As you know - my roll at work has changed. And learning it and working it has left my completely brain dead. Throw in moving my desk, trying to learn the clients, getting organized ANNND selling 3 special sections + regular ads -- I've been overwhelmed the past couple weeks. BUT I'm happy to report I think I'm getting everything under control.

MasterChef.

Who's watching this?! I KNOW I'm not the only one. I'll admit though I AM probably the only one who cries almost every episode this season. {almost} Everyone's story is so touching. The one that brings on the waterworks is Christine Ha - the blind contestant. I find her a-ma-zing. I can't even cook with two eyes. I'm reading online that she was recruited for the show - I don't care. I still love her. And I love Joe Bastianich - when he taste people's food and stares them dead in the eye and doesn't say anything. That makes me laugh every single time. 


Jealously.

YUP. I'm jealous. Absolutely green with envy of all you people who have the summer off.  The folks who work in the school system and get a lengthy summer break. AGH. I miss summer breaks sooooo bad. I wish I could go back in time and appreciate them more. So. you folks who have off this summer. ENJOY IT. but know. I'm jealous. Seriously.

SOOO... What's on your mind today?
Link-up Below!

~Trish

3 comments:

  1. I think a lot of folks are taking it easy blog-wise or on vacation. I've noticed a drop off in activity too. That's fantastic news about your work! :) We're stuck in a heat wave here. I'm counting the days down to autumn already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love you, even though you're jealous :) I'll soak up some relaxation for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch MasterChef, but every time the commercial comes on, my husband says (about the guy in the middle of the picture you posted) "hey, it's Barney's dad!" - as in, Barney from How I Met Your Mother. Random, right? But can you see the resemblance??

    ReplyDelete