Monday, September 24, 2012

Girl Talk, R.L. Stine, Judy Blume - OH My!

So. I'm going to tell you a teeny-tiny secret about myself.
I'm a BIT of a hoarder. 
I have a hard time throwing stuff away.

Remember my face over there -->
Because you might see me on tv one day. My episode will be all about how I couldn't throw away books.

Specifically the books I ADORED as a kid.

This weekend I finally went thru the boxes my mom dragged out of the attic for me to get rid of. And I managed to get rid of a couple books - but I had to keep these gems:

Girl Talk books - see that little pink in the corner? That's even MORE Girl Talk Books. I must've had/have them all.


Read this series AND watched the TV show. And What?! 


Yup. I know these are the completely opposite of Girl Talk & SVH but these R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike books. Ump. Loved them! 


 Need I comment on these? Judy Blume was the ish!


Ok. So I'm a neat hoarder. I got a cute little/big purple bin. Stacked my books in and quietly put them in the closet at my mom's house. I'm NOT getting rid of them. I'm keeping them for my kids.

Some of my memories from childhood are of playing with my mom's old toys (specifically her barbies ... which I have all mine still) and her books. So I'd like to have the same for my future children. I'm so thoughtful right?! 


See above? I was super serious about my books. I wanted my ish returned to me (and in a prompt manor mind you ) if I ever lost it.

Please tell me I'm not the only one. Did you love some of the books I mentioned above? 
What book do you have fond memories of reading?

~Trish

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I still have all my Judy Blumes, Sweet Valley High and Twins and Babysitters' Club books. Or I should say, my mother does, because they're all taking up space in her attic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wouldn't throw those away either!! My mom still has boxes of my books in their garage! I loved Sweet Valley High, Babysitters' Club, and R.L. Stine's Goosebumps books as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you have all those!! I sooo remember Girl Talk and SVH!!

    ReplyDelete