Friday, November 9, 2012

Follow Friiiiday

It's Friday Friday. Gotta Get Down On Friday.
I'm in a SUPERDEEEDUPER GREAT MOOD TODAY because at exactly 2:59pm today I start my vacation!!! Wooohooo! 

Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?


YES! I do mind. There's nothing more annoying then reading a book and as you're going along you think to yourself : "Have I already read this?!". I know I can't be the only person this happens to. It just feels like a complete waste of time. 
I think I can make one exception though:
If the second version of similar story, concept, background etc - is BETTER written than the original - then I can tolerate it. My friends call my a "snob for well written books".
Ha.
Aren't we all?

Thoughts?

~Trish


15 comments:

  1. I don't like that either. Whats the point of reading something that you've already read? If I wanted to do that, I'd just re-read the original book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well if it's a better book, why should you mind? Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer!
    New follower via GFC
    Samantha @ the secret life of a bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really mind as long as each book has a unique voice.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha yes exactly! This is what I'm talking about lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. New Follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is annoying, but only if its too much like other books. I can tolerate it if there are new things to the story. Good answer.

    old answer.
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-and-follow-25_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for vacation! Enjoy it (:

    I can't resist a good book either.

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My Feature&Follow

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Aren't we all?"

    Yes, and we should be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi new follower here! I enjoyed your answer and hope you have a great vacation!
    http://racingtoread.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower. Great answer and enjoy your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! Originals are the best.
    Here's my FF.
    Have a great day!
    Old GFC, new linky follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great answer! Yup, it's all about the better book for me too :)
    Thanks for stopping at my blog earlier!
    New follower!
    Katie @ Fiction Predictions

    ReplyDelete