Monday, November 5, 2012

Hooker Tendencies....YES again. Don't Judge Me

Oops I did it again...
I let my hookerish tendencies get the best of me...
I found another project to undo -- and start again.

This time I found something that I started a year or two ago. 
I made all these squares:


In my mind I thought this was going to be the most PRETTY, BEAUTIFUL, FANTASTICAL blanket ever. Remember THIS post?

In reality -- it looked like this:

Yes. It looks like a crazy crack clown that tossed it's cookies on my granny blanket.
Ugly Right?!

So I undid it.


I pulled all those squares apart and started something new.
A new granny blanket.
Which I'm currently liking:


I think the black makes it look a little less funhouse clown party. Don't you think?


I'm currently happy with this project.

My mind may change -- what do you think?!

~Trish

6 comments:

  1. I'm liking it too - reminds me of stained glass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking great - crochet vintage/stained glass, yip I like it. I once blogged about a vintage piece that reminded me of the stained glass in the Ummayad Mosque, Damascus, Syria. http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6690634263894959665#editor/target=post;postID=6970602325392553804

    I also like the crazy crack clown idea and think if you try it in different colours and play more with the size of the squares in relation to the width of the stripes, you will end up with a very unique piece of work! Perhaps two rows of squares between the rows would have worked. Wooo I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The colors work well with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read "about me" and I'm really interested to your posts. I'm fond of granny squares and they look more better with black border.
    Well done
    Have a nice time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I like it. I want to learn to crochet!

    ReplyDelete