Monday, January 28, 2013

Tale #723 ::: The Time I Cried in Front of the CEO


Hello Hello!


Welcome to"A Tale to Tell..." Link-up party!

This is the place you can come to every Monday to share your tale! It can be about anything your big ol' heart desires.

Have a tale? Well share it!

                                             
Tale #723

Have I ever told you about the time .... 
I cried in front of the CEO of my company?! 
yes.
I think this is even MORE embarrassing than Tale #479.
I've been with my company for a pretty good time.
So it's pretty obvious for someone who's been here as long as me to develop a sentiment for co-workers.
You don't want anything bad to happen to them. 
And the time came here where a WHOLE department got laid off. 
A department that I work with on a daily basis. I couldn't do my job without them.

So the news SHOCKED ME. Hurt my heart that people came into the office and lost their jobs.
The tears started flowing.

I'll just go ahead and tell ya now ... I can be a BIT of a crybaby.  
I can cry at TV shows ... (remember when Stone died on General Hospital and Robin had her diary published...yea I bought and read that. don't hate.)
I can cry at Books (see above).
I can cry at Movies (the Notebook...anyone?!)
I can cry at commercials ("IN THE EYEEEESSS OF AN ANGEL"...if those one eyed puppies don't get you every time then there's something wrong with you!).
I even have laughed so hard I cry (happens all the time).

Anyway. The CEO comes around to tell us that the layoffs had to happen and blah blah blah. And I could feel my face heat up and my eyes water and before I could help it....they came down my cheeks.

UGH. I'm so mad at myself!
You know it's one thing to cry in front of a male CEO but my CEO here is a woman.

Women can't cry in front of superior women.  You just can't. 
Do you know what  I mean?

Now I'm afraid I came off weak and emotional -- two things I don't want to show in my professional life.
It sucks. Just sucks.


*The next day the CEO came up to my desk to as me if I was okay and gave me a pat on my back. I wanted to kick myself. 


Yup. 
That's my tale. The time I cried in front of my CEO (like an idiot)
Tale #723


Have a Tale to Tell?
oooh share it with me! I love reading other people's tales. 
Link up Below! 

2 comments:

  1. I think it totally makes sense. It's not like you cried at something stupid--it makes you human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you showed great compassion by crying. Maybe your CEO had been looking at the bottom line too much but then realized she was actually affecting real people. Was nice of her to make sure you were ok. Way to go for crying for your buddies!
    Neighbors About Town Blog

    ReplyDelete