Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beautiful Creatures: Review

{via}
 
Two REAL reasons why I read this book:
1. I'm borrowing one of my mom's Kindles and she had it on her bookshelf
and
2. The movie previews looked really good.
 
I have to say this book...was...eh...good.
It didn't blow my socks off.
I don't love/adore or really "like" the main characters but I found this to be an easy read, pretty interesting story line and truth be told: it's quick read.
 
What's interesting is this book is written from the male's voice. I find that most of my reads are from the feminine voice so this was a change for me. Took me a minute to get a hang of it.
 
You don't really walk away liking the two main characters but the side characters are awesome and interesting - oh and there are some flashbacks/historical stuff that pulls you in.
 
I would give this book 3 stars ... for "Liked It"
I would give the movie NEGATIVE 3 STARS for "that ish sucked".
 
After seeing the movie I got a new appreciation for the book. And may even read the second book in the series ... maybe.
 
I'm not going to ruin it for you but if you have a choice between the movie and the book...go with the book. Always go with the book.
 
Have you read this?
Did you like it?
 
~Trish


5 comments:

  1. I had wondered about this movie and book. I was never that intrigued by it tho. Glad you at least liked it "a little" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I liked it enough to give it four stars because Ethan just...spoke to me, but overall, you're right - it was...eh. I just picked up the second one so HOPEFULLY that one is better...
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the exact same way as you about the book! I'll probably wait til the movie comes out on redbox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked BC too - but maybe more than you did. I haven't seen the movie yet, but now I'm glad I waited.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on the reviews I'm reading, I'm wondering why this was made into a movie. It seems just so-so.

    ReplyDelete