Monday, May 13, 2013

Vintage Fan Ripple ::: My Latest and Greatest WIP...maybe.

The Joneses are moving again.
In my life time they have lived in Pennsylvania, Florida, Missouri and now back to Florida.

My dad says their new house being built in Florida is their "forever home". I snorted and said "we'll see". They are a traveling family!  I think they'll stay until M and C graduate high school and I bet they'll move again.

Anyhoo. I'm working on a housewarming gift for my Stepmom.
She requested beach colors. So I picked out:


Ocean, Sand, Sky and Sunshine - pretty beachy right?
I think so.

I found this fantastic pattern on Ravelry (ok-so I saw it on Instagram first, then I looked for it on Pinterest THEN I found the pattern for free on Ravelry), called Vintage Fan Ripple and I thought it was too pretty not to make.

Here's my progress so far:








I've got a ways to go...but so far...so good. I think.
What do you think?

~Trish

12 comments:

  1. It looks pretty so far - the pattern looks like little houses all in a row. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful colors and I am loving that "sea shell" pattern!! I think she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE seeing all your works in progress. You've inspired me to pick my hook back up and I'm now slowly working on a simple pattern that I will probably finish sometime after your next 4,239,062 projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours you have picked are straight from a beach. Never heard of vintage fan ripple, you have done a great job, it's going to look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I'm definitely going to have to try this pattern sometime soon! Pinning for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! The colors are perfect, too. Great work so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this, too, and wondered if anyone would figure it out. I love, love, love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I wish I could do something cool like crochet. Angela from HickoryTrail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait until I get good enough with crochet to make this!

    ReplyDelete