Monday, July 1, 2013

Musing Mondays

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week hosted by Should Be Reading.


• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!


Right now I'm reading A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.



I'm enjoying it.
 I want to read it before I watch the season 2 from HBO.
The ONLY thing is it takes for FOR-EVER to read it.
I don't know why my  reading pace slows down to about half speed whenever I read these books.
I don't know if it's because I'm taking it all in.
Or if because there are so many characters and a lot happening that needs to be kept straight.
OR...maybe I'm just a slow reader in general.

I'll have my kindle out - read for 30 minutes and then when I'm done realize that I've only moved about 1%.

ugh. I hope to finish this book before the end of Summer (which may be hopeful thinking).

Has that ever happened to you? Or is it just me?

What are you musing about this week?

~Trish

6 comments:

  1. I missed the books and the TV series..and will probably miss the movie that will probably come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading the series several years ago and quit when Martin was so slow in delivering the next book. I put a lot of time in reading his books and felt that he did not show any respect for his reader when he kept promising a book and did not deliver for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book series does look daunting

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/07/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's just a gigantic book. LOL I still haven't finished book 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the first four books of this series but I haven't even started them yet. I haven't watched the TV series either and know so little about what it's about.

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Musing Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  6. honestly i don't know anything about the tv show or this book and will probably not read this until the whole series is done. :))
    here's my MM http://wp.me/p3v5T1-7Q

    ReplyDelete